Yamaha Sight 115 The 200-300mpg underbone mini cycle

Have you heard about this underbone motorcycle that drives 129 km/liter?

I was doing some research about fuel economy and efficiency and I came across a video on Youtube. I

Yamaha Sight 115

https://www.phwheels.com/bike/Yamaha/Sight-115-SW

https://www.carguide.ph/2018/03/most...rcycle-in.html

https://www.topgear.com.ph/moto-sapi...a2634-20190527

That's 320 miles/gallon! The motorcycle itself looks a bit small for an average american male but I guess it would really work for me. Just sad that they don't sell it here in the U.S. The only downside is that it only reaches 60-65 mph.

Some folks claim unlike a car any motorcycle can be freely imported into the US, I’m guessing it’s about a $2500 affair before all the costs of shipping and import.

Anyone ever try this? Used to be a local place that imported and sold strange Chinese scooters, so it’s possible just not sure of how many hoops.

lots of scooters for sale here in the US that will get 80-100+ mpg. Spend that importation fee on a scooter, instead!

Those mpg numbers seem fishy to me. If that mpg is truly achievable why don't we see anything even close to that ballpark here in the US? I think the new supercub is closest at 150mpg. Which really isn't that close.

That is incredible! Imagine just poking a small hole in a gallon jug and hoping it won’t be empty after 10 hours or so. That is fuel efficiency!

Those mpg numbers seem fishy to me. If that mpg is truly achievable why don't we see anything even close to that ballpark here in the US? I think the new supercub is closest at 150mpg. Which really isn't that close.
Smaller cycles like that are extremely rare in the US and the MPGs are real and verified. Like all cycles you won’t get 200mpg at 65mph, more like 35-40mph
300mpg, that’s in traffic 18-22mph, good luck with that in the US

The last little 55mph capable motor cycle I can think of like that was 50cc and only sold a couple years in the 80’s

Classic case of “nobody buys small girly cycles”. Just like nobody buys cars, only SUVs and trucks

lots of scooters for sale here in the US that will get 80-100+ mpg. Spend that importation fee on a scooter, instead!

That’s quite a bit lower and they usually have less comfort and utility compared to an antique underbone design

Last edited:
Smaller cycles like that are extremely rare in the US and the MPGs are real and verified. Like all cycles you won’t get 200mpg at 65mph, more like 35-40mph
300mpg, that’s in traffic 18-22mph, good luck with that in the US

The last little 55mph capable motor cycle I can think of like that was 50cc and only sold a couple years in the 80’s

Classic case of “nobody buys small girly cycles”. Just like nobody buys cars, only SUVs and trucks

That’s quite a bit lower and they usually have less comfort and utility compared to an antique underbone design
Something still doesn't add up for me. The super cub is a 125cc fuel injected scooter. Pretty advanced tech-wise for a scooter. If it cant get 200mpg at 30mph how can a third world scooter do it?

Edit: The only thing I can think is related to emissions. Otherwise I'm wondering if you would see much lower fuel economy once imported due to American road speeds and riding style.

Also, American adults are generally much larger (heavier) than our Asian counterparts. More weight = less efficiency. LOL
I'd guess that U.S. emissions requirements have a lot to do with the reduced efficiency, as well.

. If it cant get 200mpg at 30mph how can a third world scooter do it?

Easily, a super cub is not designed for max fuel economy, nor is any US facing cycle.

This Yamaha is not technologically inferior to basic cycles sold here, it just focuses on different priorities that aren’t important here but are important there.

Those in the third world for example will tolerate an ugly, underpowered lean burn cycle that is more aerodynamic than a typical American frame would buy.
How many new underbone cycles are sold in the US market?
From my count exactly ONE, unless you count grey market chonda rigs.

When Honda has attempted to market very fuel efficient/reliable (for their class) cycles that are more automotive spec nobody buys them.

It's a fuel injected undersquare single with a manual 4 speed transmission and chain drive. The scooters that it's been compared to have CVT and that probably explains a lot of the mpg discrepancy.

I saw lots of this kind of bike in the RP. Two strokes that looked like something from the early seventies. Cool stuff, including the smell of two-stroke oil as smoking bikes went by.

I've rented a small motorcycle several times, is several countries, and the gas mileage they get is mind boggling.

People in North America talk about going green, recycling, reducing, then buy gas guzzling vehicles and motorcycles, instead of the fuel efficient ones.
They also consume far too much food, so are obese.
Talk is cheap!

1688321844470.png
(y)

Back