Wrangler JL or JLU battery advice

On our 2020 w/ 2.0 turbo, we were getting weird electrical stuff and the main battery was testing bad.

Replaced it and still had weird things happening.

After doing the research, disconnected the battery cable to the second battery and -poof - all issues vanished. Been that way for 6 months now.

Why they put the weak, rapid-fail battery in a place that requires either fender removal or disassembly of the fuse box seems, to me, a ploy for more service income at dealerships. Just going to leave it there.

Plenty of Youtube videos on how-to (and which cable, it actually varies) and it only cost a zip tie and a little electrician's tape.

Stop/start still works but we turn it off.
How’s the 2.0T been for you ?
Was leaning that way but found a $5k off sticker deal on the V6 …

That ended stop/start - but did not give stable voltage - took the wheel off and pulled the plastic liner back to fight this little joke of a battery out …
(QS for size comparison) … Voltage is stable now …

They are amazing - still on original batteries ?
Replaced the main battery last winter - just to be safe as it tested only 575ca to a rated 700. Little battery is original and still in there.

They are amazing - still on original batteries ?
Here she is, older photo did some things since such as window tint and such.

KIMG0078.JPG

How’s the 2.0T been for you ?
Was leaning that way but found a $5k off sticker deal on the V6 …
It's been good so far; got it with about 35K and we're almost at 60K now. Got a good UOA on the last oil change, and the results were better than average.

I had my misgivings at first as I prefer the six cylinder also. But it has been solid and apparently has been used in Europe for several years.

We also live at higher altitude, so it's nice not to lose power in the hills like you would with a normally aspirated engine.

It's been good so far; got it with about 35K and we're almost at 60K now. Got a good UOA on the last oil change, and the results were better than average.

I had my misgivings at first as I prefer the six cylinder also. But it has been solid and apparently has been used in Europe for several years.

We also live at higher altitude, so it's nice not to lose power in the hills like you would with a normally aspirated engine.
Buddy of mine has a '21 Jeep with the 2L and he is happy as well - the turbo in high altitudes is a plus for sure.

Back