Wow- New Format! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Sorry, but this software should have a RSS feed. Period. Otherwise, great job.

Ditto, I asked for this a while back and was turned down. This is a basic function that is seperate from the function of the forum(basically a php page with access to the database).

-T

Quote:

Unfortunately none of the choices can match the classy "classic" BITOG appearance. Font size is either a hair too small or a hair too large, even if I change it in my browser. I guess I'll get used to it.
smirk.gif

Do you have Firefox? Did you try ctrl + (control key and the plus sign)? That makes the font bigger for me. ctrl - does the opposite.

[quoteDo you have Firefox? Did you try ctrl + (control key and the plus sign)? That makes the font bigger for me. ctrl - does the opposite.

Or Ctrl + wheelmouse. Might need to change a setting in config (for Firefox).

Well, I guess we just have to move forward -- not much we can do about that. Personally, I find the newer version of UBB to be a case of "more is less". The old version looked clean, crisp, and classy. This new version is way, way too cluttered and visually messy. The ability to select color schemes (I'm using "desert" at the moment) helps, but I still miss the old look.

I'm also looking forward to all the bugs being ironed out. For a day or two, I was mysteriously unable to reply to any thread, despite being logged in correctly, as far as I could tell. And the lack of an edit feature is a COMPLETE DISASTER that must be fixed ... please!!!

Otherwise, good to have BITOG back. Now I understand how a heroin addict feels like when abruptly cut off. . .

Ed, it's a small edit away. Laminar Lou and I figured out how to do it.

Edit: Click on "Reply" then go to the address bar at the top of your secreen and change "newreply.php" to "editpost.php" and then hit enter and you will be in the edit screen.

Last edited:
OK, xs650 has figured out how to edit, & I changed the look by clicking on the "blues" version. At least it has a larger type size.

Yes, I'll admit I liked the older version later, but this will serve well enough once we learn our way around- I guess.

One thing- what happened to our membership numbers? I can understand not posting them with the username, but why were the actual numbers changed?

Quote:

One thing- what happened to our membership numbers? I can understand not posting them with the username, but why were the actual numbers changed?

Over the years, and for various reasons, member accounts got deleted on the old forum. When that happened, everyone's membership number stayed the same. But when all the membership data was imported to the new forum, it did not import the deleted accounts. Hence, everyone's membership numbers got shifted down by about nine.

Hmm...Bob's gone from being member #1 to member #4, I think. So what's going on with numbers 1, 2, & 3 in the new system?
dunno.gif

Also: it seems to me like deleting old accounts should move membership numbers *up*, not down. That is, number 100 might change to number 95 or something like that. Why would deleting old memberships cause number 100 to become, say, 105?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back