Would you run these? (Amsoil filters)

To preface, I could be trippin

There is a bit of rust on the baseplates on 2 ea15k51 filters I just received.

Should I worry about it?

They don’t look too bad but such an expensive filter shouldn’t have any rust. The inside looks fine. Both filters were made November of 2022.

I don’t recall ever seeing rust on any filter I’ve ever installed Amsoil or not.

Again, could be trippin

IMG_3492.jpeg
IMG_3493.jpeg

I would have no problem running them. Once you screw that filter on, the rust will be on the side of flow into the filter. So even if the rust was an issue, it is going to get filtered. And once the filter is filled with oil, the rust isn't going to get any worse.

Use the one with the larger surface rust area now. And apply a film of oil on the bare metal surface of the second filter, to reduce the risk of the rust getting any worse before you use it.

To preface, I could be trippin

There is a bit of rust on the baseplates on 2 ea15k51 filters I just received.

Should I worry about it?

They don’t look too bad but such an expensive filter shouldn’t have any rust. The inside looks fine. Both filters were made November of 2022.

I don’t recall ever seeing rust on any filter I’ve ever installed Amsoil or not.

Again, could be trippin

View attachment 177433View attachment 177434
They can be used but with what Amsoil charges for their oil filters I'd return them and ask for newer stock without the rust.

Back