would you buy a rental lyft/uber vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wdn said:
Did I overlook the part where these cars are advertised or disclosed as ex-Uber cars? I am not seeing it. In any case I would be much less interest in a 3 year old 80,000 mile car from Hertz that is not the sweet spot.

Yes, you clearly overlooked the link the OP posted. Has a link to a ex hertz rental with a Lyft ride share decal on the windshield......

I think these cars were initially regular Hertz rentals that later in life were sent for Uber/Lyft duty to squeeze just a little more profit out of them before being sold off.

Surprised so many have had success with former rental cars, everyone I know that rents a car beats the ever living crap out of them.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I think these cars were initially regular Hertz rentals that later in life were sent for Uber/Lyft duty....

Although Hertz offers their cars to Uber/Lyft workers, it seems like a losing proposition for the driver. I'll bet the number of takers of this offer is pretty low (and short-term when the driver sees the cost of the rental cutting into their 'pay').

Nah at budget it's a Toyota. Find a nice one owner high mileage normal spring and strut 11+ LS460 AWD or a lower mileage 08-011 IS/GS350; or that gen of 4Runner noone wants, 03-09 I think.

Originally Posted by Railrust
Surprised so many have had success with former rental cars, everyone I know that rents a car beats the ever living crap out of them.

I've never heard of a rental car being abused. If anything, they're treated much nicer than normal because nobody wants an unfamiliar car to fail in an unfamiliar part of the world, and potentially deal with all the hassle.

Having said that, Uber/Lyft trips are typically short-haul, so I'd consider the distance traveled to be much harsher than even a normal rental which probably has some highway driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back