would U use Rotella 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fellas i have a Suzuki EIGER its a 400 4x4 automatic. The quad is mostly used for hunting. It is mostly used in the cold. I do use it in the summer to set up stands. It is 2.5 years old with 245 miles. on it. I use Valvoline ATV oil right now but The Rotella is much easier to get.

will probably shear down but if not used to long/hard in the summer months it'll work. Rotella 10w30 would be a good one too best of both worlds.

I have used the 15w40 Rotella T in:

Brute Force 650 ATV
Yamaha Big Bear 400 ATV
Suzuki Ozark 250 ATV
Honda 650L Dirt Bike

It is a great oil at a great price. I bought a case of the Vavoline Motorcycle oil and Radiator fan came on way less on the Brute and the oil cooler fan came on way less on the Big Bear.

Odd the "motorcycle" Vavoline gave me clutch issues on my street bike but the Rotella did not. I think the synthetic version will serve you well.

I use Rotella 15W/40 in my son's little 110cc china ATV. Everything around the engine is falling apart but the little engine runs as new.
LOL.gif
He's had it for 3 years now.

Yep, synthetic is esp good at cold temp pumpability
wink.gif
and with the tiny little oil pumps on most [censored] bike and atv engines, that's a good thing.

We use 5W40 in my Dad's Rhino year round, and along w/ some water-wetter in the radiator, it much runs cooler (esp behind a full windshield!) and is smoother to start.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Yep, I'm running Rotella T 0W40

U mean 5w40??

We used to get 0W40 up here, I haven't seen it in a while and 5W40 will be close enough for the odd -20 start this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back