Wooden beaded seat covers...

Those are still made? My wife actually had one, many years ago, and she actually liked it. But one day the strings broke, seemingly all of them, and we had a thousand wooden beads that we needed to suck up with the Shop Vac.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
I had one back in the mid nineties. I remember it being comfortable but I was a lot younger. The beads were rounded and log shaped so they didn’t poke you. The problem was the whole thing eventually sagged and you had a lot of beads lodged against your tailbone.

They're good on a motorcycle. Prevent monkey butt. Don't think they work the same in a car. Get some of this stuff instead;

1631452883638.jpg

Those were a thing 50 years ago when seats were heavy vinyl with springs. They got real hot and with air conditioning not as widely available as it is now these helped with ventilation.

I had one on my old CJ5 when I was younger, it was more comfortable with it.

I have one on my bike right now, and it is more comfortable with it.
I was wondering if it would work so I tried it and it did.
I was actually surprised that it helped, seems counterintuitive putting something hard on a seat to make it more comfortable.

I like the wooden bead ones. They are pretty comfortable. Feel good on my back. Haven’t used one in awhile because the one we had broke. They still sell them at Walmart I’m just too cheap to buy one lol. And plus when other people use my vehicles they have no care in the world and the seat covers get pulled off and floor mats scooted around which drives my OCD absolutely crazy. That’s why I would have to duck tape it down which I’ve found to be the only solution lol.

Back