Woman on video conference call with LUMPY lips from lip filler injections

Plastic surgeons, and I happen to know one very well, can do amazing things - reconstructing faces after trauma, repairing congenital defects, etc. - performing works of art on people who need help.

Most of the botched work you see (Google Madonna, for example) is because of the vanity of the recipient. Their vanity drives an insistence on procedures that some surgeons don’t do, and wouldn’t do.

Frankly, those people need help as well, just not the surgical kind.
This is the 3 cuts to clown face theory. The first one goes great… so great, they want a second one. The second one goes bad and the third is an attempt to correct everything and it goes horribly wrong.

They can do great things though. I know a guy who broke his face by falling off a ladder. (I referenced him in a recent thread.) You can’t tell anything happened.

It’s sad. There’s probably some mental health attributes and self image ones as well. It’s unfortunate that it goes like that. There could have been some other condition - aren’t lips prone to skin cancer as soft replicating skin? Not ours to speculate as to the why…

I guess time will tell if lumps and swelling will reduce. I’d suspect so, and that will help. But some irreversible harm may have been done unfortunately.
Good question - I have had many Mohs removals due to excess sun - mostly on the head - but never on lips …

It’s sad. There’s probably some mental health attributes and self image ones as well. It’s unfortunate that it goes like that. There could have been some other condition - aren’t lips prone to skin cancer as soft replicating skin? Not ours to speculate as to the why…

I guess time will tell if lumps and swelling will reduce. I’d suspect so, and that will help. But some irreversible harm may have been done unfortunately.

I think social media and silly TV shows make some women unhappy with themselves.

Don't overlook shallow consumerism.
Think of all the near identical make-up products which come in 'ever changed' jars with just mildly revised advertising.
I associate most tattoos with a plain, childish 'look at me' mindset . They surely are not original.

A stupid girl interviewed on TV had GE silicone sealer injected into her lips. She foolishly equated the caulking's nickname (silicone) with that of a common implant material. That she had it done in the back room of a furniture store is what our family joke latched onto.

Lots of times guys grow beards because they're too lazy and cheap (razors do cost money) to shave.
I've worked with way too many of these angry, unimaginative, often stupid "man children".
They grumble the same sentence fragments and eat badly.
Many of these slobs -and yes, they are slobs- don't think of grooming them possibly in the same way people don't change their oil.

I have a very clean, short "stubble beard". Maybe don't make generalizations, there isn't any way food is getting trapped on my face.
LOL, I'm just kidding. Hope you understand it is a joke. If not, sorry. (still don't like the beard fashion today but that's another subject)

Have a great day.

Think of all the near identical make-up products which come in 'ever changed' jars with just mildly revised advertising.
I associate most tattoos with a plain, childish 'look at me' mindset . They surely are not original.

A stupid girl interviewed on TV had GE silicone sealer injected into her lips. She foolishly equated the caulking's nickname (silicone) with that of a common implant material. That she had it done in the back room of a furniture store is what our family joke latched onto.

Lots of times guys grow beards because they're too lazy and cheap (razors do cost money) to shave.
I've worked with way too many of these angry, unimaginative, often stupid "man children".
Many of these slobs -and yes, they are slobs- don't think of grooming them possibly in the same way people don't change their oil.

LOL!

Fortunately there’s a lot of meds available to help you get over all of that judgmental hate.

Who knows, maybe the pharmacist will have a beard?

GE silicone sealer injected into her lips.… ?

😵😵‍💫🤢

Back