WM Exclusive: Goodyear Reliant All-Season

Does anyone run these on their vehicles? I was unable to find any info on them online, not even a user review. Their pricing is very competitive with the store-branded tires from Asia.

I usually do not consider tires in this segment, but I need one tire for a vehicle where the other 3 original Hankook Kinergy GT’s have 5/32-6/32” remaining. I doubt these 3 tires will last more than 10-15K, so there is no point in spending $255 for a matching Hankook when this is a FWD vehicle.

70809409-EADD-4DA1-90BB-FBCFBFC96218.png

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with them for the price.

Their Douglas line is among the better cheap tires, and most of them are US-made too. Also Goodyear.

eeeeeeeek $255 for Hankook? :eek:

As a WM tire price watcher I've noticed a few decreases lately, from absurd to merely high, and a couple oddball chinese brands coming in at the bottom.

If you can wait, I bet these will get cheaper.

I know OP is only buying one.

You do know at the top of the pic you posted, it says, "757 reviews; 4.4 stars".............right?
I should have been more specific: I was looking for more discussion about the tire in forums, but valid point.

Do these have an M&S stamp?
Not sure, but I will check during my next visit to a WM with a TLE.

Much more sturdy sidewall than it's predecessor the Viva 3. I'm a service manager for Walmart Acc. If the dextero is available in your area also a good budget choice.
Thanks. Do you think the Assurance Outlast is worth the extra 15-25% premium over the Reliant?

As a WM tire price watcher I've noticed a few decreases lately, from absurd to merely high, and a couple oddball chinese brands coming in at the bottom.

If you can wait, I bet these will get cheaper.

I know OP is only buying one.
Prices seem to fluctuate quite often. The Assurance Outlast in this size (235/60r18) was $144 several days ago and now it is down to $135. Reliant remains at $111.

Does anyone run these on their vehicles? I was unable to find any info on them online, not even a user review. Their pricing is very competitive with the store-branded tires from Asia.

I usually do not consider tires in this segment, but I need one tire for a vehicle where the other 3 original Hankook Kinergy GT’s have 5/32-6/32” remaining. I doubt these 3 tires will last more than 10-15K, so there is no point in spending $255 for a matching Hankook when this is a FWD vehicle.

View attachment 100756

We have these on a 2009 Subaru Forester that was acquired earlier this year. The previous owner put them on several months before we purchased the Subaru.

While I am usually a Michelin or Continental fan, these are perfectly fine tires. They grip well and are not noisy. Verdict is out on treadwear, but I expect the head gasket on the Subaru to go before replacement tires are needed.

And yes, the sidewalls have the M+S stamp on them next to the tire size.

Our local Walmarts offer no install of tires and batteries because they cannot find any help there. Not sure if that matters for you . The one open is occasional if the worker shows up….

Disclaimer - I am not a fan of Goodyear tires in general (except trailer tires) due to issues I experienced in the past with poor tread life and overall performance.

I had been looking for tires for the wife's Sportage for a couple weeks and was down to Michelins or Generals. I basically stumbled upon these GY Reliant tires by accident and decided for the price I would give GY another chance. The Goodyears replaced a well worn set of OEM Nexen tires that were very loud and "rough" feeling since new. I can't speak to the tread life yet as it has only been about 3 weeks, but overall the GY Reliants are far superior to the previous Nexens in noise and road feel. The saving was substantial and all 3 brands I was considering have a similar TW rating, so as long as they hold up the Reliants may have redeemed the Goodyear brand for me.

Price difference - Michelin $220ish-rebate - General $164 - Goodyear $113

My most significant impression of the lower end Goodyear tires is that they seem to age poorly, compound hardens faster than average (average including higher priced tires) then not so good for snow or rain.

Back