Wix introduces XP Cabin filters

More info here and on Wix's site

They have the mold layer and carbon layer. Seems like something else along the lines of Mahle CareMetix and Mann Frecious-Plus. Mann is the parent company of Wix and Purolator, who recently started selling reboxed Mann FP's under the name Purolator Boss.

I cannot find a picture of any XP cabin filter, but if one side appears yellow, then it is probably another reboxed FP

Rock Auto already has them for sale.

[Linked Image from autosphere.ca]

They look like the MANN FRECIOUS PLUS cabin filters that you see for Euro cars. Isn't Wix owned by the same people who manufacture the Mann line?

RA is selling a popular Toyota application for $11.50 and the most popular Honda application for $15.XX. Not terrible, but 2-3x the cost of comparable Denso filters.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Did
Originally Posted by UG_Passat

Did Ford put a cabin air filter in that old Bronco?

I don't think that's a ford

Originally Posted by E150GT
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Did
Originally Posted by UG_Passat

Did Ford put a cabin air filter in that old Bronco?

I don't think that's a ford

It is an 82 to 91 k5 ,suburban or 3+3 and they did not have cabin filters. The picture has also been stretched oddly.

Bumping this thread. Finally ordered one. The media is very thick - reminds me of a Fram FreshBreeze Cabin Filter.

I bought one about a year ago. Made in Germany and appears to be identical to Mann Frecious Plus. Which makes sense.

It seems to negatively affect air flow though, and it does not seem to be any better than the standard Wix or Toyota cabin filter.

Back