Wix Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Wix was supposed to be a good brand. The quality of this sucks. The seal around the perimeter of the filter element is shoddy at best.

I guess I'll return this and go back to my cheap Pronto brand filters.

I'm guessing you ordered it online. Those seem to have quality control issues. They could even be counterfeit, made in China clones. I like the Fram Extra Guard air filters at Walmart. But check their online price first and see if they will price match or just order for pick up.

No more of those Wixolator filters for me owwwwwwwwwwwww!

At the store you always look in the box. Maybe I've been lucky I have not got a bad filter buying online.

Last edited:
That looks nothing like the quality Wix air filter I ordered from Amsoil's website awhile back. From what site did you order?

Rock Auto....the other one is marked proudly "Made in China". I think I will send them both back and stick with AC Delco bought local so I can check the quality before purchase.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KevinP
Rock Auto....the other one is marked proudly "Made in China". I think I will send them both back and stick with AC Delco bought local so I can check the quality before purchase.

thumbsup2.gif
for checking quality prior to purchase. China really needs to upgrade their manufacturing game if they expect to have a large market share.

Originally Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Was this air filter for the 3.6L Pentastar? I had the same issue and returned it. I did end up getting the fram air filter instead.

It was for our Grand Caravan with the Pentastar. I have a Pentastar in my RAM truck but it takes a different air filter. It is not as bad as the Grand Caravan filter but the Pronto filter I bought for it last time was half the price and the fit & surface finish is far superior. Tooling, mold and Q/C is really lacking on all these Wix parts. I bought six of the oil filters, both vehicles take the same oil filter and they are not visually impressive either.

This will be the last time I buy a Wix branded part.

The one I purchased was actually a Napa Gold (Wix) air filter. The filter was for a 2015 Town and Country. I've wondered if its really an area of concern or not. I don't think that gland or flange is the sealing surface for the filter.

The one I purchased was actually a Napa Gold (Wix) air filter. The filter was for a 2015 Town and Country. I've wondered if its really an area of concern or not. I don't think that gland or flange is the sealing surface for the filter.

No... the lid presses down on the horizontal lip area. The overall surface quality of the entire part is lacking. Poor Q/C and pride in what they are putting out the door is the issue. It may or may not work just as well as the filter I'm removing but this is 2017. There is no excuse for putting out something that looks like these parts.

I work in a competitive industry and people judge you on how your products look, function and how you support them. You either correct things like these or you deserve to lose.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

thumbsup2.gif
for checking quality prior to purchase. China really needs to upgrade their manufacturing game if they expect to have a large market share.
No they don't because 99% of the consumers only care about cheap.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Kuato

thumbsup2.gif
No they don't because 99% of the consumers only care about cheap.

Well then 99% of idiots will have more frequent and expensive repair bills.

KevinP. I wasn't debating you on the quality/aesthetics issue. I was just thinking aloud if it was really a concern or not "functionally". I'm sure that particular industry has their own set of acceptability/inspection criteria that they work with from a QA standpoint.

Bingo. Is it really a problem, or just a bit sloppy? Nonetheless, I wouldn't like it. We've seen a few bad examples of sloppy construction here before. That's why it's nice to inspect something before you install it, if at all possible.

KevinP. I wasn't debating you on the quality/aesthetics issue. I was just thinking aloud if it was really a concern or not "functionally". I'm sure that particular industry has their own set of acceptability/inspection criteria that they work with from a QA standpoint.

Hey... not an issue. It is the Internet I didn't mean to debate or come off as a jerk.

The Wix was the more expensive part so I was hoping for an upgrade in quality. LOL...

I thought Wix was supposed to be a good brand. The quality of this sucks. The seal around the perimeter of the filter element is shoddy at best.

I guess I'll return this and go back to my cheap Pronto brand filters.

Less than 2% of the people in America will ever see that because some oil change shop would just pop that right in their car and they would be none the wiser! Do it right do it yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back