Wix 51348

Amazon has all the Motorcraft popular filters for $3.97. Just received my FL-910s today. Going to dump the Factory fill very soon. They are shipped and sold by Amazon. Ordered it Saturday evening and in my mailbox today, for a total of $4.32.

Last edited:
Don't like it, ask Amazon for a return with refund. Simple solution. Never had a a problem with Amazon return, even on a Denso radiator with a bent trans line fitting.

I have a Napa Gold 1348 with the new construction, dome bypass, silicone adbv and made in the US. It's next up to be used on a B&S mower engine.

Last edited:
Don't like it, ask Amazon for a return with refund. Simple solution. Never had a a problem with Amazon return, even on a Denso radiator with a bent trans line fitting.

I have a Napa Gold 1348 with the new construction, dome bypass, silicone adbv and made in the US. It's next up to be used on a B&S mower engine.
Well, I won’t use a China made wix. I have enough ancient Canadian made tough guard 4967 to last me possibly to end of the world

Of course, topic hasn't been confirmed to be an 'authentic' Wix. If it is, while I much prefer they stay US made, I'd be more ticked about the nitrile adbv than coo. As noted though, Amazon return for refund, problem solved.
I did the Amazon credits with no return needed. I threw it on my mothers riding mower…it seems authentic enough to use on a mower lol I’ve noticed that most of the filters from wix now are going to China and have nitrile rubber valves now. Watched a YouTube video and saw a Chinese wix 57356 and it too had a nitrile valve.

I did the Amazon credits with no return needed....
Seems more than fair to me, but ime with Amazon, unsurprising. No matter where it's used, basically a free OF. As for the anecdotal observation about Wix OF, going forward guess we'll have to see if that turns out to be accurate and across the entire line.

Tried to find the yt of the 57356 mentioned, couldn't locate it. I did find a post this subforum with new batch of 57356 same coo no pics, saying it had a "gray" adbv, not black. Mann uses a gray-ish adbv in its filters and it's widely accepted to be silicone.

Still not confirmed topic is an authentic Wix.

Seems more than fair to me, but ime with Amazon, unsurprising. No matter where it's used, basically a free OF. As for the anecdotal observation about Wix OF, going forward guess we'll have to see if that turns out to be accurate and across the entire line.

Tried to find the yt of the 57356 mentioned, couldn't locate it. I did find a post this subforum with new batch of 57356 same coo no pics, saying it had a "gray" adbv, not black. Mann uses a gray-ish adbv in its filters and it's widely accepted to be silicone.

Still not confirmed topic is an authentic Wix.
I believe this is it. It’s a wix completely wrapped in plastic like the 51348 I received

^^^^ I suppose it could be nitrile but the vid is far from definitive, imo. Depending on light/camera angle, looks grayi-sh to black. I'd be interested to see what the element and internals look like. Uses holes not louvers.

Save everybody a waste of time, for interest in filter only, 3:48-4:15. Understand why I couldn't find it, not about the filter.

If topic filter is anything like vid and being free, seems like a good deal to me.

^^^^ I suppose it could be nitrile but the vid is far from definitive, imo. Depending on light/camera angle, looks grayi-sh to black. I'd be interested to see what the element and internals look like. Uses holes not louvers.

Save everybody a waste of time, for interest in filter only, 3:48-4:15. Understand why I couldn't find it, not about the filter.

If topic filter is anything like vid and being free, seems like a good deal to me.
Went to Oreillys and put hands on the Chinese 57356…definitely nitrile rubber valve, but even some of the USA made ones were nitrile too. I don’t really care where the filter is produced, but why not just use silicone valves

Attachments

• EA45E139-BD7E-4828-A7FB-5AF77E14AAC2.jpeg
    EA45E139-BD7E-4828-A7FB-5AF77E14AAC2.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 368F2FE7-F2A7-4A0A-A0DB-E3D78277D4F8.jpeg
    368F2FE7-F2A7-4A0A-A0DB-E3D78277D4F8.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I bought a WIX filter for my Suzuki outboard that was made in Mexico. The company and products have been parsed out all over the world. No longer a Gastonia NC WIX filter plant only….

I bought a WIX filter for my Suzuki outboard that was made in Mexico. The company and products have been parsed out all over the world. No longer a Gastonia NC WIX filter plant only….
Like I stated I could care less where it’s produced, the more about using a cheaper nitrile rubber adbv

Another simple solution here, don't like the M&H Wix for whatever reason, use another brand. There's lots of them. And, other than little time didn't cost a thing to find out. Free filter from Amazon for that time.

Since local Napa stopped 40% off sale, I've got new go to, also made in US, good efficiency rating, silicone adbv, and price is right. Lots of choices.

As an aside, after reading a thread starter of yours I was under the impression you were going to stick with the Fram orange can. Same efficiency rating as the Wix and silicone adbv (at least the ones with orange adbv), readily available. Sounds like a plan, and no more "overthinking" required.

Try NOT finding a part that isn't made in China... As profit margins go... companies will be shelling-out manufacturing to cheaper countries more and more.

I use NAPA/WIX on all my vehicles and the "quality" aspect is what concerns me. I would certainly LOVE to purchase filters made here... but??? All you have to do is wait six months and it's a completely different manufacturer. Ugh... Does AMAZON list the country of orgin on their website? That should be mandatory in my book.

I
Another simple solution here, don't like the M&H Wix for whatever reason, use another brand. There's lots of them. And, other than little time didn't cost a thing to find out. Free filter from Amazon for that time.

Since local Napa stopped 40% off sale, I've got new go to, also made in US, good efficiency rating, silicone adbv, and price is right. Lots of choices.

As an aside, after reading a thread starter of yours I was under the impression you were going to stick with the Fram orange can. Same efficiency rating as the Wix and silicone adbv (at least the ones with orange adbv), readily available. Sounds like a plan, and no more "overthinking" required.
I was until I saw what they’ve done with the quality of their air filters. The ultra version of my car is the same as the supertech version, and Fram drive version…the cheapening

I bought 4 NAPA 7060 filters at the fleet sale this spring, I was a little disappointed to see they were Purolator clones-but looks like it could have been worse! BTW, the normal NAPA price on a Gold 1348 is $11.99-if they're Chinese, that's a blatant ripoff!

I’ve seen some decent filters come out of China. I wouldn’t be as concerned if it’s a legitimate wix filter. But if it’s counterfeit it should be brought to Amazon’s attention, file a complaint and get a refund.

Not sure what the exactly means - ?.
The air filter that Fram makes for my car, 09 corolla 1.8 is now the same design as the supertech version. The Fram used to be more like the Oem Toyota denso air filter. Everything is getting cheapened

Attachments

• 83830D86-535F-4CAA-A2D6-9310A25ECE10.jpeg
    83830D86-535F-4CAA-A2D6-9310A25ECE10.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FBF07D32-BD1D-4A09-ACF6-15A5251899E2.jpeg
    FBF07D32-BD1D-4A09-ACF6-15A5251899E2.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 5
Back