Wiring Diagram For 2003 Suburban Audio System

I am having an intermittent problem with my 2003 Suburban 1500 Radio with Bose package.
Radio will only come on (all sources) when the vehicle is hot on the inside. Once it is on, it will stay on until I shut off the car. If the temp inside is hot, it will come back on when I turn the car back on, but if I had the AC on, it will not come on again until I blast the heat for a while and the cabin get HOT again.
I am looking for a wiring schematic, so I can check power at the amp and at the radio under different conditions to narrow down which area needs to be addressed or replaced.

I remember the amps having issues, solder joints indeed.

Does the screen come on, but no sound, or nothing comes on?
Concurrence with @Jetronic - more likely than not it is the amp. A course of action would be to get the amp part number, and buy a replacement on Ebay. Likely under $50 for the used amp. I have seen multiple vehicle amps fail when cold, and work when warm.

Find a local electronix repair shop and have a tech reflow the solder to all solder joints. Or, do it yourself. Just use a low wattage iron (15W-20w) and the proper solder.

Concurrence with @Jetronic - more likely than not it is the amp. A course of action would be to get the amp part number, and buy a replacement on Ebay. Likely under $50 for the used amp. I have seen multiple vehicle amps fail when cold, and work when warm.
Yes, all the displays come on and all functions work, just no sound at all as described.
I like the idea of resoldering. I have not done this before on circuit boards, wires yes, circuit boards no.
I don't mind spending money on another amp, but just concerned that I wouldn't know if it is a good one or not if buying used.

Yes, all the displays come on and all functions work, just no sound at all as described.
I like the idea of resoldering. I have not done this before on circuit boards, wires yes, circuit boards no.
I don't mind spending money on another amp, but just concerned that I wouldn't know if it is a good one or not if buying used.
Here is the test. Is there a youtube video showing the soldier joints on your model amp that are suspected of trouble? If yes- go for it. If no, the weak soldier joints are a generalized comment and may---may not be applicable to your problem. Youtube will separate fact from speculation pretty quickly. Common problems almost always have a youtube demonstrating the fix.

If no youtube of your model with weak soldier joints, go spend $25+/- on Ebay for a used OEM AMP.

Got a used amp from the junk yard. Exactly the same problem still exists. I put a test light on the wiring harness junction leads at the connection under the console cup holder that comes from the dash area. When there is no audio, 8 of the pins do not illuminate the test light, when the vehicle gets hot, those 8 connections do illuminate the test light.
I assume these would be the outputs from the radio, leading me to think the problem is at the radio itself.
These are hard to find at the junk yard, and on EBay are ridiculously expensive.
Might have to go aftermarket.

Back