Windows 7 Use After Support Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pew
I can confirm. I've been able to use most Windows 7 keys (back when they came on hologram stickers) on fresh Win10 installations when activating the keys through control panel.

I'm talking about me never having success using Win7 keys during Win10 setup (which he says works for him) but having them work reliably after it's been installed. Which are you confirming?

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by Pew
I can confirm. I've been able to use most Windows 7 keys (back when they came on hologram stickers) on fresh Win10 installations when activating the keys through control panel.

I'm talking about me never having success using Win7 keys during Win10 setup (which he says works for him) but having them work reliably after it's been installed. Which are you confirming?

Oh I see, I'm confirming you. The Win7 keys that came on those hologram stickers have never worked for me when putting them in during the Win10 install but they've all worked after when activating them through control panel. If there was a Win7 key that worked during the Win10 install, it was very few and far in-between that I don't remember.

Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by Pew

Oh I see, I'm confirming you. The Win7 keys that came on those hologram stickers have never worked for me when putting them in during the Win10 install but they've all worked after when activating them through control panel. If there was a Win7 key that worked during the Win10 install, it was very few and far in-between that I don't remember.

They keys I'm using during the install, are almost all Windows 7 Pro COA's from HP/Lenovo/DELL, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back