Windows 10 Upgrade Guide

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Did it and DON"T like 10. Going to keep using 7.

I've got 7 and 10 now, bought a laptop with 10 four months ago. If you use 10 awhile it's not bad. Takes awhile to learn how to use it efficiently and find things. Use the search to find applications and programs makes it easier.

Lot's of info on the internet on how to use Win10 now.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by John_Conrad
How long should the w7 to w10 conversion take?

i'm planning to do this over my wifi at work

thanks

On an average PC without an SSD you are looking at a couple hours including the download on a decent connection. On one with an SSD and faster connection, it will be less than an hour.

The other day I was fooling around and did a clean install of Win 10 Pro on an old dinosaur HP AMD A6 5400K that was getting tossed at the office. Took a couple hours to get windows and Microsoft 365 Business installed and updated. The machine actually doesn't run too bad. SSD would probably make it bearable for basic stuff. I'm thinking about installing FreeNas on it for additional fooling around. In any event it had a retail Windows 8 Pro(downgraded to Windows 7 Pro) key I should be able to use on something else to install 10 Pro.

I have been an AOL user since 1994. About 2 years ago AOL started charging $4.99 a month for an AOL account. I didn't mind paying for it.
When I bought this new HP laptop I couldn't DL my AOL account. The Windows 10 that came with my LT had to be changed to a new version of Windows 10. AOL tech dude said that I needed to contact HP to fix the problem. Also, AOL offered to give me MALWARE BYTES for an additional $2.99 a month. After HP told me how to get the needed Windows 10 version I DL'ed AOL and MALWARE BYTES. I can have up to 4 items on the MALWARE BYTES account. I think it's a very good deal.

I upgraded a work laptop to 20H2 last night. Haven't used it much but no issues so far. And it's an old Lenovo T440s.

for ME windows 10 was a DOWNGRADE!! not a geek + just decent getting around W-7 + relearning + finding everything is NOW a ROYAL PITA + as the cursor opens or closes at will without me clicking is the biggest ISSUE!!! searching finds nothing on the issue except it CAN'T be fixed!!!

I have an old vista I should upgrade to win 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 just for the heck of it.

From the above link:

"Soon we will share one of the most significant updates to Windows of the past decade to unlock greater economic opportunity for developers and creators. I’ve been self-hosting it over the past several months, and I’m incredibly excited about the next generation of Windows. Our promise to you is this: we will create more opportunity for every Windows developer today and welcome every creator who is looking for the most innovative, new, open platform to build and distribute and monetize applications. We look forward to sharing more very soon. "

I watch a lot of YouTube and their ilk...but I won't pay a penny for any of it nor will I subscribe or support it in any way. If every bit and byte of it disappeared tomorrow my life would continue just as it did before and I'd find something else to do. The fact that so many are making money in this way tells me that there are many, many more of P.T. Barnum's suckers in this world than I ever dreamed possible.

Back