Windows 10 shuts down overnight, instead of sleeping...

Hello,

In the past week, my Toshiba Laptop w/ Windows 10, shuts itself down overnight...instead of sleeping like it always has in the past.

I've Googled and read a handful of articles, and have made some adjustments - nothing has changed this behavior.

When it is closed for, say an hour, there are no issues -- this happens when it has been closed long term (i.e overnight).

Any input is appreciated. I've been through the Power settings several times to no avail. One article stated to disable the Intel Management Engine Interface , under device manager; that had no effect.

Help is greatly appreciated.

One other thing I should note is I had a SSD drive installed, but that was over a year ago.

My concern really is the constant rebooting daily - is this going to shorten the lifespan ?

it wont affect lifespan. at most you are losing 15s-30s out of your life waiting on it .. is about the sum of the issue.
then a couple mins reopening programs.

are you sure its shutting down vs hibernating?

if you are positive its shutting down(it doesnt say resuming when you turn it back on) and you have every option set to sleep on battery/ plugged in lid close/tap power button etc.

try this from random internet source.
In most cases, it seems that the device responsible is 'Intel(R) Management Engine Interface' (under 'System devices' in device manager). To solve the problem, you need to right-click and disable the device or roll back the driver to anything older than 11.xxx, don't uninstall the device because you will need to reinstall it manually if this does not fix the problem. For me, disabling it worked and the computer now behaves normally.

Back