Window regulator install - door flex - normal or not?

JHZR2

Staff member

Just installed a new regulator in my 93 300D. The old one was chewed up in a portion of it so the window didn’t travel fully.

I had never installed a regulator before. It was really easy besides just wrestling with the window a bit. All lubed up, working well, took a bit to get all the bolts in the right spot so the window angle is right.

It seems to me like the door interior metal flexes a lot. I tried to get a video to show it. But I am not all that familiar because while I’ve tweaked these things a few times, I’ve never messed this much with it.

Does the interior metal in the door tend to flex when the window hits its upper and lower ends, or is this an indication that something is not adjusted perfectly?

Thanks!

Swapped regulators a few times . Some worked better than others. Most of them just required shifting any screws in slotted holes to smooth things out.. Does the action of the window match its oppo? If you exercise the oppo does the door card flex like the one you're working on? Please report back your solution

Swapped regulators a few times . Some worked better than others. Most of them just required shifting any screws in slotted holes to smooth things out.. Does the action of the window match its oppo? If you exercise the oppo does the door card flex like the one you're working on? Please report back your solution

I don’t know. I don’t have the door card off the other side. It goes up and down well enough. Spring in the regulator makes some noise as it turns, unlike the original (I found the dorman for $16 on Amazon, not what I’d usually get but I can get it fast and could return it free, and it looked decent enough for what it is).

Back