Wide range of grease apps? (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the Mobil construction and mining grease for every thing for a while now.

My applications include but not limited to.

Pins and Joints on boom truck crane.

(Cheep Napa wheel bearing grease for the wear pads on boom slide)

Heavy duty truck chassis components On my Kenworth heavy haul truck steering linkages, brake cams, steering shafts, slip yokes, clutch linkage, suspension bushings and pins, Fifth wheel, King pins, throw out bearing, U-joints.

Also been using this grease on my 00 F-350 ball joints and tie rods.

U joints in my other trucks

hardened Sliding surfaces for my machinery such as large 300 Ton press brake. 3/8" X 12' metal plate shear, low speed (under 500 rpm) bushings on my 100 ton metal punch.

Also used in high speed electric motor bearings. also some really under spec 'ed high speed pillow block bearings in my belt sander.

I use Mobil syn wheel bearing grease in my 2wd disk brake bearings.

From what I have gathered reading around here I should be using a couple of different types of grease?

I want to keep the Mobil one construction and mining grease for the heavy equipment.

Should I switch to something else for the high speed stuff? Like U-joints and High speed electric motor bearings?

what about the hardened steel guides and slow speed roller bearings?

All your input is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oh and also use Mobil syn wheel bearing grease on all my horse trailer Drum brake bearings.

And the construction and mining grease on the Slack and S-cam bushings, and expando slides on my low bed trailer.

Why do you want more than one grease? Why not just use one high quality grease and cut down on inventory and the chance of using the wrong grease in the wrong application. Something like Texas Refinery Corp.'s Paragon 3000 grease would do everything you listed.

I want a good wearing grease for low speed apps with alot of molly. Also want to stock a grease for high speed bearings and U joints.

I guess i will just stay with the Mobil CM

bump...
looking at using PTFE (Ford only?) lube for the yoke and lithium high temp for everything else.
good to go?

The PTFE is the only thing that works on all the 99+ ford trucks. we had a 350 that would clunk so bad you thought it just threw a rear end. We usually just lift the truck by the trailer hitch with a forklift peal the rubber boot back and apply the PTFE stuff with a small acid brush. cures it for a while. about every third time we have to actually pull the two shaft halves apart and make sure to get it way down to the ends.

What other greases have you tried? I'm not questioning your experience, but I would think PTFE would be on the bottom rung compared to other AW/EP adds?

Tried the stuff the drive shaft shop recommended that was NIGL-2 chevron red stuff. Tried Vavloine, The construction mining grease from Mobil-1, Red line grease, The Mobil synthetic grease, and lubriplate.

even had several shafts drilled and taped for a grease fitting. no matter what i pumped in there it would come back after 3-7K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back