Why do people think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AdRock
stereotypes exist for a reason.

...which is our impulse to categorize people and things based on superficial and incomplete information. Just sayin'.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: VW_TDI_PD

It infuriates me. That I have to live in a world where there are scores of these people thinking their car is cool or fast, i mean, [censored], your 89 rusty brown accord looks even WORSE with an aluminum 2 tier spoiler! I dont care about different strokes for different folks, its just plain STUPID. Its tacky, ugly, makes one look like an idiot. Fact, not opinion. They think their 100hp motor is fast because it has an "intake" and exhaust.

But if they were all as cool as you are, you would have no claim to faim at all.

What gets on my nerves is the loud exhaust on these junk heaps. I had a faulty exhaust on one of my previous cars and got pulled over. These things sound like a weedwacker and need a muffler yet don't get pulled over.
18.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: AdRock
stereotypes exist for a reason.

...which is our impulse to categorize people and things based on superficial and incomplete information. Just sayin'.
wink.gif

True. I personally do my best to not judge by the cover unless it's baltently obvious. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt until they show me different.

HOWEVER, when you see a primered civic with a non primered body kit on it, with APC, and all kinds of other stickers on it, with the big "GT-R" badge from autozone on the front fenders, stock steelie rims with oversized tires, and dropped down until it's sitting on the bump stops and the front camber is so neg. that it surprising that the inner edge of the rim isn't rubbing the ground.... well, I think that book can pretty much be judged by the cover.

Some stereotypes are more true than others. Like when somebody accosts you from a distance for the time then keeps following you, it's pretty obvious they want at least your watch.

Lots of "rice" around here too. And lots of POS-looking and sounding cars with big chrome rims driven by maniacs who either tailgate you or cut you off.

Hmm, $1500 for rims/tires or changing the oil? I can do a lot of oil changes for $1500...

A lot of good $1500 rims are going to be if the engine gives up because of a lack of maintenance or gives up early because of poor oil choice or over extending OCI's

smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back