Why 2-cycle oil in gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the cheaper stuff. At a 500:1 mix I doubt the more expensive TCW3 will make much of a difference. I also read on another board where TCW3 is a hot topic, they are suggesting the less expensive Super Tech as well. Most people using it are posting favorable results.

Im posting non-favorable results, on two vehicles. Both nissans. Horrible performance, surging during cruising (ka24de). The exhaust on the race car is also about twice as loud, however the performance drop and symtoms points to a fouling o2 sensor. Almost stalling at idle, or a high idle, just very inconsistant overall.

I didnt know such small ratios could affect anything. Went back to dry, or MMO and the symtoms are gone.

Last edited:
TCW-3 is a strict spec. I suggest using it exclusively.

I use mostly Supertech since the PZ Marine SemiSyn went up in price. I drive a lot less now, so maybe I'll go back to PZ.

A senior member told me the Marine versions use better (biodegradable) base oils.

Not wanting to release the moths in my wallet, I have poured the unused 2 stroke mix for the snowblower leftover after winter into vehicles.
I usually notice an improvement. Always in the ZX2.
So I started to use some 2 stroke oil on a semi regular basis in the gas.
It is a wonderful lube - a little goes a long way. It lubes and seals valve guides, valve seats, rings/bores. [And of course the fuel pump in the tank.]
TCW3 is better suited for water cooled engines, and burns cleaner with less octane reduction [a minor point]. It is NOT a cleaner, and you can get some deposits over time. Sometimes.
I use this or MMO in every tank, and sometimes mix them.

Originally Posted By: Bigsyke
Im posting non-favorable results, on two vehicles. Both nissans. Horrible performance, surging during cruising (ka24de). The exhaust on the race car is also about twice as loud, however the performance drop and symtoms points to a fouling o2 sensor. Almost stalling at idle, or a high idle, just very inconsistant overall.

I didnt know such small ratios could affect anything. Went back to dry, or MMO and the symtoms are gone.

Very strange !!

I am amused that the race car exhaust is twice as loud with 2 stroke oil in the fuel.
This statement attributes credibility to the poster.

NOT!

Originally Posted By: Bigsyke

What was the dose you used? The TCW3 ratio is half the ratio of MMO.

I had a general improvement with Amsoil TCW3.

Anyway for understand if really does something good to your engine I suggest you to check your exhausting pipe before and after 3-4 tanks of TCW3 mix.

You will notice that all the black rust of carbon oxide will go away.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Hey, anyone know if TCW3 and stabil will mix OK? I've got a motorcycle with TCW3-treated fuel that will be sitting up about 3 months, thinking about adding stabil. Or will the TCW3 eliminate the need for stabil? Bike is pretty new and only has 100 miles on it.

Vic

Found my own answer. Stabil's website said it is good for both 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines, so I guess that gives me the OK to mix both.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back