Whole House audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here an expert on whole house audio?

I need about 4-5 zones, one will be pool/patio (outdoors, kind of) with really nice sound quality and full wireless remote controls.

Anybody with experience or advice?

Sorry,

I can't help, but I did discover that there is a poor man's version offered by Apple called an "Airport Express". I use it for the purposes you've described since I don't have the built in wiring.

All you need is iTunes and a router. The Airport express plugs into any outlet and connects to any stereo. Through it, you can stream music from your computer to the "Airport" anywhere within your router's wireless range. Additionally, if you happen to have an iPod Touch or iPhone, you can control the whole system using that device as your remote control.

Sorry if I'm off topic, but I thought this information might be helpful to somebody reading this thread.

Well I am not an expert in multi-zone audio either. I am more of a music enthusiast, so multi-zone stuff is not my thing, I have a 2.1 system for music and movies.

But I am also not sure what the OP really wants to know...recommendaions for an amp and speakers or how to set it up?

From what I know, Onkyo and Marantz amps offer a lot of bang for the $$, and they make reputable multi channel amps, and can be considered mid-level quality.

One can also ask their local audio/video shop, and then based on that advice, look for cheaper alternatives.

Start researching on multi zone/multi channel amps. There are good speaker makers out there once you have decided on the electronics.

Aperion, Ascend, Outlaw, Emotiva etc can be recommended as good online vendors/makers.

Thanks. That's at least a start.

We're starting from ZERO knowledge of what's out there. I don't want to spend more than 5-8k max, but I might go higher for a bit better sound quality.

Appreciate the help.

How many sources are you looking to distribute? Are you also going to look at distributing video?

Russound has some nice 6 zones systems.

I need to have the ability to send out about 4 different sources.

Strictly audio. The TV is off most of the time around here.

Then the Russound CAM6.6 would work for you. Do you have the ability to wire for speakers in each room (zone) ans well as a control pad to control volume and source selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back