Who peforms the service on your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Seventh
Sales people know absolutely nothing about cars or anything mechanical.

That may be true a majority of the time, but certainly not always. I have two friends that work or have worked in high-end car sales. One owns the first TF/D I worked on, the other owned his own FC. Rest assured they are both extremely knowledgeable and capable of building and/or fixing anything mechanical.

Do most of my own. Sometimes I need to take a coil over assembly or a control arm to a shop with a press, but I remove the stuff. I also take things in to be diagnosed sometimes, less expensive than firing up the parts cannon sometimes! I'm not too keen on doing anything under my XJ, too much rust. The KL is still under warranty but I do oil changes and tire rotations on it.

I owned the same yr and model and color car for 20 yrs. I have 2 manuals for it and an enthusiast forum on line. The 528e is a very durable and simple car to work on. My first one came with 150 K miles. I added another 200 K. I maintained the car in my driveway with the same tools I bought for working on bugs. I liked exploring new stuff and adding to my skill set. In 12yrs, I kept the car going such that it always got home under its own power. The alignment is just a touch of toe in. It isn't hard to align.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back