Who makes Walmart synthetic oil ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart sells a store brand full synthetic brand oil & has the same clssifiction symbol as moble one and other brand name full synthetic oils ....question who makes it & is it quqlity ??

I wouldn't run it in any of the cars in your sig, though. Look at Quaker State Horse Power/Ultimate Durability, Pennzoil Platinum or Valvoline Synpower for those cars.

I didn't notice the cars in your sig - very nice!

Got pictures of that '66? I got a ride in a small-block '66 coupe once, it was fun car to be in!

Originally Posted By: STRAYDOG
Walmart sells a store brand full synthetic brand oil & has the same clssifiction symbol as moble one and other brand name full synthetic oils ....question who makes it & is it quqlity ??

Walmart SuperTech Full Synthetic is a Group III hydrocraked synthetic, like most other synthetics such as Pennzoil Platinum, Castrol Syntec, etc.

A few synthetics have a moderate percentage of Group IV/V PAO/Ester base stocks in addition to Group III. These include Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge. Some boutique oils like Amsoil have higher amounts of PAO/Ester base stock, but don't seem to be Energy Conserving Formulas.

Note that all synthetics and some non-synthetics may contain small amounts of Group IV/V base stock as part of an additive package, but those are very small percentages overall and I am not included those small amounts in the above classification.

Walmart has used different suppliers for their synthetic oil, including SOPUS (Shell Oil Products US) which makes Pennzoil and Quaker State. It is not clear if they still do use SOPUS, or if they have multiple suppliers depending on what part of the country the Walmart is located in.

Walmart SuperTech Full Synthetic is a very good synthetic oil, and I would not hesitate to use it or recommend it to anyone who wants a Group III synthetic oil. However, a very old engine, or an German engine which calls for a European oil spec, may require a different oil than Walmart supplies.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
when do you ever get more than you pay for?

Well, sometimes you get less than you pay for, so maybe it is a philosophical question as to whether just getting what you pay for is more than satisfactory.

the smart shopper gets more than they paid for. any modern bozo is the clown no name brand oil labelled SM works superbly well, because modern base stocks have to be superior to meet the SM requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back