Who makes Supertech radiator stop leak

Another name for "radiator stop leak" products is "heater core clog up" and become totally useless products. And putting a new heater core in will not help get the heat back in the cabin if that stuff is still in the system.

If it is summer and you are going to take the vehicle to the junk-yard before next winter, then go ahead and use it. But if you want it to have any heat at all in the cabin of the vehicle in the future, forget about using that stuff.

Corollaman, seriously, forget about using that stuff, and by forgetting about using that stuff save yourself a ton of headaches.

Last edited:
If you are going to use a radiator stop leak product, do yourself a favor and look on YouTube for videos of how to replace the heater core on the particular vehicle you will be putting it in to see what will be involved in replacing the heater core of that vehicle in the future when it has to be replaced because it is clogged up inside the passageways for the antifreeze to flow through. Some vehicles are easier than others. Some you can access the heater core easily from the fire-wall in the engine bay, some you can access it easy from under the dash ( but be sure to drain it first so you do not get coolant in the carpet and have to pull the carpet and rinse and dry it and then reinstall it). And some you have to rip the entire dash out of the vehicle, usually that is soooo involved you start by removing the seats. Heater core replacement can be a royal PITA.

I've sucessfully used stop leak products many times. Of course, I've never tried to use it to fix a leak in broken plastic, or to fix a leak on a water pump shaft seal, or to fix a hose. I've also never dumped in way to much either. I try to put in the least amount possible to fix whatever the leak is, even if it's 1/3 of the recommended amount. I figure that if I can get away with putting in less it might still work, just take longer to work, and I'm OK with that.

Caddy N* engines from 1996 - 2008(ish) came from the factory with stop leak in the cooling system. Early on it was there due to aluminum casting porosity of the engine block, just in case. It never plugged a heater core when used properly in those cars.

Properly is the key here. If you want the stuff to go into the engine, the ONLY place to install it is in the lower radiator hose. That way it goes to the water pump first, then directly into the engine.
If you have a radiator leak, and dump it in there, then all bets are off. It MIGHT plug the rad core, though it's designed not to, or it could be carried to the heater core I suppose.
NEVER dump it into the expansion tank, not enough flow to get it where it needs to go.

4dd8c92b-299d-42bc-95da-b3927c34359b.586c9568bba4d90a189fc6435ecd3550.jpeg

Non-clog formula! ....

Caddy N* engines from 1996 - 2008(ish) came from the factory with stop leak in the cooling system. Early on it was there due to aluminum casting porosity of the engine block, just in case. It never plugged a heater core when used properly in those cars.

Properly is the key here. If you want the stuff to go into the engine, the ONLY place to install it is in the lower radiator hose. That way it goes to the water pump first, then directly into the engine.
If you have a radiator leak, and dump it in there, then all bets are off. It MIGHT plug the rad core, though it's designed not to, or it could be carried to the heater core I suppose.
NEVER dump it into the expansion tank, not enough flow to get it where it needs to go.
Most car makers use Barrs’ tablets. I have used them religiously for routine coolant changes and minor leaks. They have conditioning value also. Never a plugged heater core. However, l never neglected routine cooling system maintenance.

Back