Who makes Quicksilver oil filters?

My coworker gave me some Quicksilver oil filters for an old boat he had, the part number is 35-8M0162830. I cross referenced it enough times to find out that it actually will fit on my car so I plan to use one come next OCI. I googled pictures of the part number and the baseplate looks similar to one found on a fram 7317 or Honda OEM filter in my opinion. What say ye?

As Mercury Marine uses Chevy engines, their filters would fit those engines, depending on the year.
Not all of them (though most of them) were GM engines. We had a Mercruiser 888 in a Glastron that was a Ford 302. I believe they also used the 351W.

I guess to answer the OP's question, if the filter looks like the one in the video in the first reply, yes go on ahead and use it, it's a champion e-core filter similar to a Supertech or AC Delco filter, or a lot of filters quick lube places use, it's a perfectly serviceable filter, probably wouldn't use it for a super long OCI, but for a regular interval it'll be perfectly serviceable.

Back