Who is Good for Batteries Nows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Currently looking for an H8 (Group 49) 900 CCA battery for my old BMW: I think my choices are either EverStart Maxx from Walmart or Bosch Premium from Pep Boys. The Bosch one is a bit more expensive. I guess Exide makes them? Not sure who makes EverStart Maxx these days.

Between these two, is there a preference?

Is the battery visible under the hood on that model? If so I'd get the Bosch. German brand for a German car and all.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Is the battery visible under the hood on that model?
It's visible in the trunk.

If so I'd get the Bosch. German brand for a German car and all.
LOL. I'm afraid there is nothing German about these Bosch batteries, other than a name.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Is the battery visible under the hood on that model?
It's visible in the trunk.

If so I'd get the Bosch. German brand for a German car and all.
LOL. I'm afraid there is nothing German about these Bosch batteries, other than a name.
smile.gif

I'd still rather see a German BRAND battery when I open the trunk, if you don't want to spring for a BMW original. I put a Bosch in a Fiat I was selling years ago and it had a 3 year full warranty and prorated out to 7 years plus free jumpstarts.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

if you don't want to spring for a BMW original.
If I had to pay for original BMW battery, I think it would instantly double the value of this car.
smile.gif

You're going to be disappointed to hear this, but my winter tires aren't German either.
smile.gif
It's just my winter beater at this point.

Originally Posted by gamefoo21
Leaving a battery in basically any car made since 2000, will flatten the battery in a month if left sitting.

If your car is going to sit for 7-14 days without running it for at least 30-60 minutes, you will kill batteries.

Run an extension cord for a maintainer or disconnect the battery.

Remember alternators aren't for charging your battery but for maintaining charge.

Won't be amazed if the OP blows up his alternator at this rate.

Thanks for the FUD "opinion" and also a lot of assumptions.

For the incident that prompted my opening post, the car had been sitting right around 48 hours(Tuesday mid-day to Thursday morning) with an hour of interstate time before sitting, and prior to Tuesday had sat since Sunday afternoon(~36 hours) again with probably 2 hours of driving on Sunday.

The longest I've let it sit is ~4 days, and as we head into the winter it will sit far less often. It gets at least an hour on the interstate at least twice in a typical week(usually Friday and Monday) and often far longer than that. I've not killed an alternator on any one of several vehicles I've had that have been driven similarly in the past 10 years.

The HOA at the condo complex where I live wouldn't take kindly to me running a couple hundred feet of extension cord from my back porch to the carport where I park for a maintainer...

Originally Posted by bunnspecial
The HOA at the condo complex where I live wouldn't take kindly to me running a couple hundred feet of extension cord from my back porch to the carport where I park for a maintainer...

Get a solar maintainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back