White Rice

Zatarains Parboiled white rice . Cooked in a pot on the stovetop like the old days .

Also, depending on just how much you eat/love rice, I would suggest investing in a Zojirushi or Tiger rice cooker. It just tastes better and is just as easy as using an Instant Pot but I can tell when certain types and brands of rice are cooked on the stove top, instant pot, rice cooker, and steamer. A steamer is the best but cleanup tends to be a bit more work.
I read that the Cuckoo cooker is good, too. Only Zojirushi has the Uncle Roger seal of approval.

Attachments

• uncle Roger.jpg
    uncle Roger.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: Pew
Years ago there were health articles that were about the high arsenic levels in the US rice, due to fertilizer/herbicide use or something. I have always bought rice from East and Southeast Asia so this has never been a concern for me.

Just boil it in a much larger pot with a high water to rice ratio, then thoroughly rinse.

I read that the Cuckoo cooker is good, too. Only Zojirushi has the Uncle Roger seal of approval.

I've seen Cuckoo around but I don't see them around as much as Zojirushi and Tiger. I have the 10-cup version of this one, even the same flower decor except the white is yellowing like a Packard Bell computer case. I'll take a picture of mine when I get home; it's seen better days!

Attachments

• 1668632755429.jpg
    1668632755429.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3
I've seen Cuckoo around but I don't see them around as much as Zojirushi and Tiger. I have the 10-cup version of this one, even the same flower decor except the white is yellowing like a Packard Bell computer case. I'll take a picture of mine when I get home; it's seen better days!
I have a no-name version of that. Just cook and keep warm. I don't even measure the water. Just put some in until it feels right and the rice comes out perfect every time. I don't know how it does it.

Not sure where I came across this but the more a rice cooker has pictures of flowers on it, the better it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
I am lazy. With my microwave beef and bean chimichangas I just make Minute Rice in a short waterglass. Pour hot tap water over it, put a lid on it and let it stand for 15mins. I wrap it in a towel to retain heat. My tap water is often over 160 degF as my tempering valve on my boiler got stuck closed.

If at a restaurant I like Basmati with Indian foods and whatever long grain white with other Asian dishes. Not a giant fan of sticky, but somewhat starchy is fine,

Back