White paint transfer on black plastic, need it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I friend of mine asked me to ride his motorcycle for a couple of days because he has been unable to. While backing into my garage, it rubbed against the side of my garage and I got some white paint transfer on his black hard bags. They are plastic. I was wondering what I could use to get the paint off without harming the black paint or plastic. I have tried Plexus plastic cleaner and a Mr. Clean majic eraser, but neither of them helped. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Are they smooth painted or textured?
If they are smooth use a clay bar, textured is a real bugger but i think if you use the clay bar and press it into the texture and use a light twisting motion back and forth it may remove it without damage.
Try it in a inconspicuous spot.

Have you tried those green pads yet? You know, the type normally used to clean dishes.

stock-photo-liquid-detergent-bottle-and-scouring-pad-for-dish-washing-isolated-on-white-background-38392294.jpg

What kind of plastic? if it's painted plastic, a rubbing compound will take it out. Then polish and wax.

Post a picture. It's a lot easier than trying to describe it.

Mild to medium rubbing compound. Keep the surface fairly damp so you don't scratch it. Start with mildest cleaner or compound.

Originally Posted By: qwertydude
What kind of plastic? if it's painted plastic, a rubbing compound will take it out. Then polish and wax.

Post a picture. It's a lot easier than trying to describe it.

+1 we need a pic

might try some gasoline on a rag, worked wonders on the side of a friends accord when he rubbed the garage door coming in(doh!). shouldn't hurt the plastic at all, of course try it on the bottom first. good luck!

if it's unfinished plastic, try brake cleaner
possibility of drying out the area depending on the polymer, so you may need an 'armorall' type of product to wet it up after

even a rag damped with a bit of brake cleaner should remove the transferred paint without really allowing the buffing action to break the original finish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back