White House to Release Oil From Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if there are no refineries operational, crude supply won't mean squat. Brace yourselfs gentlemen. Don't think the oil companies won't milk this for all its worth.

quote:

Originally posted by Papa Bear:
I saw at lunchtime today that a Marathon gas station in Detroit had reg. gas at $3.92/gal !!

Price gouging is illegal!! Profiteering won't be tolerated, so they need to be careful.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

WASHINGTON - Energy Secretary Samuel W. Bodman said Wednesday the Bush administration has decided to release oil from federal petroleum reserves to help refiners affected by Hurricane Katrina.

The move, which was expected later in the day, is designed to give refineries a temporary supply of crude oil to take the place of interrupted shipments from tankers or offshore oil platforms affected by the storm.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsst...20050831/43152b40_3ca6_1552620050831489043561

I hope it has an impact because gas jumped up today to 3.099 for regular around here and me and my wifes car takes premium. Im sure glad I live only 2 miles from work and feel sorry for those who have such long drives. I wish I kept my Suzuki dr350 dual-sport motorcycle that got 55 MPG.
banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back