Which two stroke tc-w3 is better peak, havoline or puma?

Good afternoon,

I have read a lot of threads about mixong two stroke oil in a diesel engine. I have a 1990 toyota corolla 1.8 diesel sedan. I was wondering which tc-w3 oil is better. Peak, Havoline or Puma?

Thanks

Whichever one is handy is the best.
They probably all meet the specification.

Good afternoon,

I have read a lot of threads about mixong two stroke oil in a diesel engine. I have a 1990 toyota corolla 1.8 diesel sedan. I was wondering which tc-w3 oil is better. Peak, Havoline or Puma?

Thanks
How would you tell which one was best? What criteria is there?

The reason for adding the TCW-3 oil to the diesel is to increase the lubricity of modern ultra-low sulfur fuel to reduce pump wear and such. Do you have the ultra-low sulfur fuel where you are? If not, you can probably skip the TW-3 oil and be fine. As for which brand of oil to add, I doubt if it will make much difference. Personally, I would use 5 ml per liter of the cheap stuff if I was going to add 2-cycle oil.

We have high sulfur 5000 ppm fuel in nicaragua. The diesel here is very dirty though. In africa ther is very dirty diesel also and 2 stroke oil is used for cleansing: https://www.4x4community.co.za/foru...-2-stroke-oil-into-Diesel?p=603017#post603017

The tc-w3 oils available here are puma, havoline, uno and peak. Peak has a viscosity index of 159, puma 128. The ash content of puma is 0.04 and peak 0.0001.

Peaks is better than puma in viscosity for lubrication and low ash content for more cleanliness.

We have high sulfur 5000 ppm fuel in nicaragua. The diesel here is very dirty though. In africa ther is very dirty diesel also and 2 stroke oil is used for cleansing: https://www.4x4community.co.za/foru...-2-stroke-oil-into-Diesel?p=603017#post603017

The tc-w3 oils available here are puma, havoline, uno and peak. Peak has a viscosity index of 159, puma 128. The ash content of puma is 0.04 and peak 0.0001.

Peaks is better than puma in viscosity for lubrication and low ash content for more cleanliness.
Adding TC-W3 to "very dirty" fuel isn't going to clean it up no matter what that link might claim.

Back