Which of these sub $4 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be aware that RA might not be the very best place to buy oil filters.

1) The oil filter for my Ranger came with several dents and a printed message stating I COULDN'T return it.
They knew they were sending dented goods.
I installed it and it hasn't leaked yet due to flexing of the effected metal.

2) Denso included the wrong size 0-ring on two filters which I put in stock.
Because I exceeded the 30 day return policy window, they told me they wouldn't help me.
Denso said they wouldn't help me either.

Just be aware of what you're dealing with.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I like trying different filters. But If it doesn't wear a silicone ADBV, I won't buy it.

But, but, but I run a tough guard filter 3 times more than rated for! AND it has a silicone ADBV
crazy2.gif

Silicone isn't the only type of rubber out there for a check valve. There are others that are better than good ol' fashioned black NBR but look just like it.

Hengst (German-made)
Hastings (owned by Parker)

Or FRAM either PH3593A or PH7317 (both $3.88 at WM).

Also got burned by them on dented filters that they would not take back. Have not bought anything from them since.

AC Delco . Order enough of them at one time to " spread out " the freight cost . I typically order 6 to 12 at a time .

Supertech and save on the RA shipping charges. RA is nothing special when you add shipping. Plus RA has the worst customer service department ever.

Depending on what you buy, you'll want to make sure the filter has the box truck logo next to it. If not, shipping could really kill the deal.

Many here have had so many complaints about receiving old (old old old... old) stock from RA so that'd be another one of my concerns.

I will say we never have any RA cheap filter success stories either.

My cheap go to filters are anything Fram or ST (ecore) that I can source locally. WIX made Pro Select or Silver also depending on the application.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back