Which is the better purchase? Silverado 1500 or 2500

No they ride rough. We can disagree-but physics are in play. They can't tow and haul more without riding rough.
true to a point, but tire pressure is a big factor. HD trucks often spec up to 80 psi because of their payload. You can run 50 psi or less if you aren’t heavily loaded and it makes an enormous difference.

true to a point, but tire pressure is a big factor. HD trucks often spec up to 80 psi because of their payload. You can run 50 psi or less if you aren’t heavily loaded and it makes an enormous difference.
My friend's 21 Ram 2500 6.4 rides surprisingly well for a 3/4. I have ridden in 1/2 tons that ride worse.

But it is probably because Ram uses coil springs on their 3/4 trucks.

My friend's 21 Ram 2500 6.4 rides surprisingly well for a 3/4. I have ridden in 1/2 tons that ride worse.

Then the suspension or something must have been toast.......OR-they are running LT tires because some one told them they should.

Same here. My ram is soft over the bumps but with a bit more bounce due to the unloaded springs. Rides better than you would expect from a 3/4 ton.

The 1/2 ton will do everything that you need it to do and if you are concerned about fuel economy, that is the way to go. I personally like the heavier duty components of the 3/4 ton and it would be my choice. I'm not buying anything with AFM or DFM, especially GM.

I agree with someone above saying to look at a 2.7L ecoboost F150. Better MPG, better torque, better pulling, etc and a very solid motor by all accounts. if you get the 2018 it has the 10 speed transmission, but the 6 speed is still a good truck.

You might like the more durable 3/4 ton. Half ton trucks are built like cars. I have owned f250 and f350 trucks continuously since 1980 and the one ton or 3/4 ton is just a better deal.

My opinion would be to buy a 2006 to 2010 toyota highlander and use a medium trailer when you need to move stuff. Very reliable and great 4wd system. Other option would be around a 2010 to 2012 toyota tundra. Again very very reliable.

If it has to be GM, the 2500 all day. You did say you didn’t want a major issue for the next 100k. The chance of having a major issue is much greater in the specific 1500 you mentioned.

A 1/2 ton is well suited for your use. Find a F150 5.0 V8. Much better engine and trans than any GM with AFM.

If you don’t need to tow more than id say 6-7k get the 1500, I wish my ram 2500 was my brothers 1500 about 80% of the time, when Towing heavy though Ill never wish a big diesel was a gasser.

I’d also like to bump the “does it have to be a gm” brand loyalty is dumb, look at everything on the market and make an objective choice

Back