Which extended life coolant for a '95 Buick Skylark?

I've seen so much goop from early GM vehicles with Dex....that is why I posted my reply. We used to get them in my independent shop as soon as they were out of warranty. We used the steam cleaner to get as much out as possible. Clogged radiators, and that overflow bottle full of crap, etc.

To each their own. Today's GM vehicles are made to deal with it. Ford and Chrysler also thought they had made a cooling system to deal with it, but went away from it. Should tell you something.

Dexcool? Just don’t let it run low & get air in the system, or get to where it doesn’t pull coolant in from the expansion tank while cooling (as in radiator should be & stay COMPLETELY full when stone cold)-or you’ll find out where Dexcool’s rusty sludge comes from! Hint-it’s NOT always caused by mixing coolant types, and it only happens in cast iron engines!
Once the new updated GM or Fel-Pro stainless steel and fluoropolymer intake manifold gaskets are used, Dex-Cool can be used safely. The LS-based truck Vortec/Ecotec with iron blocks are running Dex as well.

FWIW, Toyota used their current pink fill on their iron block 2UZ-FE from 2004-2007 which uses one of the organic acids in Dex-Cool.

Here's a video from Mahle about the "dexcool" aka gasket problems:

FYI that video is from Mahle a company that among other things makes gaskets for GM. The Dexcool issues were 100% the fault of junk gaskets that Mahle was one of the suppliers of, so I would expect them to claim it's all the coolant's fault. The old guy reading from the teleprompter in the video isn't some old time Mahle engineer and wasn't involved in the design of anything.

FYI that video is from Mahle a company that among other things makes gaskets for GM. The Dexcool issues were 100% the fault of junk gaskets that Mahle was one of the suppliers of, so I would expect them to claim it's all the coolant's fault. The old guy reading from the teleprompter in the video isn't some old time Mahle engineer and wasn't involved in the design of anything.

the OE gaskets were made to GM specs, not Mahle's

Yes! GM is at fault. And I'm pretty sure the old guy is an engineer.

I still trust FelPro gaskets for all my builds.

Yes! GM is at fault. And I'm pretty sure the old guy is an engineer.

I still trust FelPro gaskets for all my builds.

Bill Mcknight is the old guy (reading from the teleprompter) in the video, and he certainly was not an engineer. He passed away last year, and was a teacher and was involved in training at Clevite and later at Mahle when they bought out Clevite.

Aftermarket Icon Bill Mcknight passes away

Back