which coolant for my fleet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to do a flush and fill on three of my cars. 91' nissan pathfinder, 99 and 02 Mustang GT's...I currently have prestone dexcool on the pathfinder. should I got with prestone (green) on the nissan and Zerex G05 on the mustangs? need some input please. thanks

G 05 all around. Its a great coolant, superior to "dexcool" in my opinion. Use teh ford motorcraft gold version or mopar orange/red if you cannot stand the water-clearness of the Zerex G 05 version.

Why go through all the trouble of going bak to conventional green when the G 05 would do just as good if not better? You'd have to flush the system out anyhow to rid fo the dexcool thats already in there.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Is it OK to mix G05 with the 'green' Prestone ??
I wish GO5 wasn't yellow.

It is 'ok', i suppose (It wont blow up on you), but then you are not getting the full effect of G 05's HOAT chemistry and long-life technology. By green prestone i assume you mean the conventional silicated 2-yr stuff.

The only G 05 formulation that I know of that is green is the stuff from John Deere. Ford is gold/yellow, Mopar is red/orange, Zerex is clear/faint yellow, and Mercedes I dont know the color of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back