Which bottle looks best? Delvac 1 (US), M1 5W-40, Delvac 1 (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the 4 quart D1 jug from a Flying J truckstop in Ohio ($30), the M1 5W-40 quart from a Walmart in central NJ ($4.77), and the 4 litre D1 jug from the Walmart in Patman's home town of Mississauga, Ontario (~CAN$35=USD$25)

-

Well the American gallon bottle looks the best but the Canadian jug does hold more so I'll rate it a tie.

patriot.gif
cheers.gif

as long as it's not one of those '4.4' litre mobil 1 bottles I saw at a Canadian Wal-mart when I was up there last. What's the 4.4 litre deal???? all the other jugs I saw there were either 4 or 5 litre but 4.4??????

As for the M1-D1 here at my local Wally-world..
canada.gif
Get if you still can.... The slot for the for the D1 is filled with something else and the price sticker is also gone.
So I asked sales staff on 2 seperate occasions.. and its gone...
frown.gif
"company wide" I was told.
thumbsdown.gif

Jean

I like that nifty bottle of Delvac from the Ohio truck stop! That looks cool!
smile.gif

BTW, do you remember which Walmart in Mississauga you went to? Was it the Meadowvale one? (that's my local one that I've bought most of my GC from) Or was it the Walmart at Square One?

quote:

Originally posted by gudmund:
as long as it's not one of those '4.4' litre mobil 1 bottles I saw at a Canadian Wal-mart when I was up there last. What's the 4.4 litre deal???? all the other jugs I saw there were either 4 or 5 litre but 4.4??????

4.4 is definitely strange, that is how the Walmart synthetic is packaged up here. I think they do it so that they can say it's got 10% more oil than the others. They often do that with GTX too up here, and slap the 10% bonus sticker on it.

the 4.4 container I saw there was the old design 5qt. container used here(south of the border) when it was Mobil1 Tri-synthetic.

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
The Canadian one, of course..
tongue.gif
canada.gif

I'm hoping we see the SUV bottle here soon...
dunno.gif

Ah! Another Mississaugan! (is that the correct term for someone from Mississauga?)

Are M1 0W-20 and 0W-40 widely available there yet?

Interestingly, Delvac 1 seemed to be easier to find in Canada than down here. But Jean says that may no longer be the case?!
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I like that nifty bottle of Delvac from the Ohio truck stop! That looks cool!
smile.gif

BTW, do you remember which Walmart in Mississauga you went to? Was it the Meadowvale one? (that's my local one that I've bought most of my GC from) Or was it the Walmart at Square One?

It was the Walmart at Square One. I didn't see any GC at Square One though.

Thanks for the tip, next time I'm up there, I'll probably buy a Canadian 1 litre bottle of GC from Meadowvale as a souvenir!

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by gudmund:
the 4.4 container I saw there was the old design 5qt. container used here(south of the border) when it was Mobil1 Tri-synthetic.

Yeah, I've seen those...

Oddly however, 4.4 liters is not 5 quarts--if my calculations are correct, 4.4L=4.64 quarts!

IMO, the 1 quart 5W-40 bottle is the ugliest in the whole Mobil line. Why did they give their best oil their ugliest bottle??? I really prefer the look of the 0W-40 bottles, they look sharp! If only the 5W-40 bottles looked that good...oh well, it's what's inside that counts!

quote:

Originally posted by quadrun1:
Ah! Another Mississaugan! (is that the correct term for someone from Mississauga?)

Are M1 0W-20 and 0W-40 widely available there yet?

M1 0w20 is now at Canadian Tire, but 0w40 is still hard to find, only one place that I know of sells it in the Toronto area.

And yes, I do believe we can be called Mississaugan (or Mississaugian?) although I prefer the term "supreme being"
grin.gif

This is getting a little- well, come on, a beauty contest for oil bottles?
wink.gif

I can hear it now:"Wow, lookit *them* jugs, will ya?"
grin.gif

Hard to beat those BobZoil bottles; basic black, goes with everything, with that nice yellow label accent!

quote:

Originally posted by quadrun1:
... next time I'm up there, I'll probably buy a Canadian 1 litre bottle of GC from Meadowvale as a souvenir!

lol.gif
It's a sickness. Get some help!

My family thinks I'm strange enough as it is. If I said anything even close to this concept they'd wrap me up & ship me off.
grin.gif

quote:

My family thinks I'm strange enough as it is. If I said anything even close to this concept they'd wrap me up & ship me off.

And where do think I have been communicating from all these years?
frown.gif
I stole a laptop and have been hapily sitting in the corner communicating with my fellow oil junkies.
grin.gif

Regarding the continers. EM has a graphic's design group that works with the plastic packaging firms. And where do you think the plastic packaging firms get their raw materials??? Anyone, anyone?

Seriously, I prefer the Schaeffer's packaging concept myself: Simple, to the point, and at least cost to the customer.

Just remember, this kind of packaging costs about 20% of the total cost of the product.

[ May 07, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Ah, but you should see the sexy 5 litre Aussie D1 bottle. Size does matter you know.
wink.gif
Probably why I usually buy a 20 litre drum.
grin.gif

What am I talking about
pat.gif

Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back