Where to invest?

I've had the same CPA for almost 20 years. He got me through a random audit with zero expense. I'll trust his advice on annuities or anything else. I appreciate the input here as it is giving me several good things to think about and to discuss with him. It is very helpful. Thanks.

Just notes of an inexperienced investment layperson:

- We just had a thread about high-yield savings accounts. Google it to find current rates at about 5.2%. VERY easy and simple.
- Approach Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, with potential to invest $240,000 and they will all give you a free investment session to compare alternatives. The whole picture needs assessment - taxes, etc.. Get second opinions beyond your CPA.
-SC Maintenance is correct about annuities, Dave Ramsey not so much. They require a learning curve. Lots of misinformation out there. Beware. I studied them extensively and experts have come around to suggest they are good for certain circumstances. I annuitized a portion of my TIAA portfolio and am very satisfied with it. The other portion is invested in safer avenues. Cake and eat it too for me near retirement.
- You haven't mentioned Social Security plans.

Last edited:
Back