Where to buy wheel weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my auto 53 class, we have a hunter GSP9700 balancer, but the instructor doesn't carry wheel weights for alloy wheels, specifically, Audi wheels.

I would think that the stick-on types would be best, because then I wouldn't need to provide a huge assortment of ENC or ENS type weights, which only come in boxes of 25; i could just snip on/off what i'd need from stick-ons.

Should I check harbor freight? Or see if a tire shop will let me buy a bunch of strips of the stick on type? Would NAPA carry these?

I was looking at these but i dunno how long they take to ship. ebay perhaps?

The link to the website has good price, I would try em out. I got stick on and regular weights from a local used tire dealer at a much better price then what napa wanted. I mount and balance my own tires with a manual tire changer and a old bubble balancer, and get my tires from the tirerack.

quote:

Originally posted by ChrisW:
In my auto 53 class, we have a hunter GSP9700 balancer, but the instructor doesn't carry wheel weights for alloy wheels, specifically, Audi wheels.

I would think that the stick-on types would be best, because then I wouldn't need to provide a huge assortment of ENC or ENS type weights, which only come in boxes of 25; i could just snip on/off what i'd need from stick-ons.

Should I check harbor freight? Or see if a tire shop will let me buy a bunch of strips of the stick on type? Would NAPA carry these?

Wow, a Hunter GSP9700, state of the art. Must be some school!
burnout.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ugly3:

quote:

Originally posted by ChrisW:

Wow, a Hunter GSP9700, state of the art. Must be some school!
burnout.gif

It's actually a community college, San Joaquin Delta College. We also have a hunter 611 alignment machine and will be getting an 811 laser/wirelss (or whatever is current) system for next semester. We have a snap-on tire changer, which I don't like as much compared to the stuff from Hunter. 6 lifts/hoists in all, including the two aligment tables. Ones for the 611 and the other is for an ancient 111.

Heh, at $26 a unit, this is an awesome class, especially with no shop fees. And, I can get snap-on tools for 50% off retail since I'm in this class.

you might have to wait a while for that 811 alignment rack..

If you just need a few weights, a junk yard is a good place to glean a small supply. They ARE re-cycleable.

No Political please

[ February 07, 2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back