Where to buy tires online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point in TireRack. Yeah, their prices are less, but by the time I pay M&B I'm just 50-100 shy of buying from Discount. Add up a tire rotation every 5-10k and an occasional re-balance that I have to pay for since I didn't buy my tires at any particular shop... and I'll have lost money by the end of the tires life.

I just don't see it.

I am considering purchasing a set of Hankook Optimo H727 and after comparing Tirerack to discount it seems that there is a dollar difference (including shipping.) At this point I should flip a coin on which one I want to use.

Originally Posted By: troyh
I went through this not long ago. I ended up buying from a local dealer that match DTD for same tires.

Our local chain stores (STS, ETD, etc.) absolutely refuse to price match with online retailers, and will ONLY do so with other local 'brick and mortar' establishments (NOT a Discount Tire 200+ miles away, either!).
frown.gif

I can only wish that Discount decides to open some stores in my area (maybe all of the established places are actively trying to/using 'payola' to keep them out??!
mad.gif
).

Originally Posted By: Marco Esquandoles
I don't see the point in TireRack. Yeah, their prices are less, but by the time I pay M&B I'm just 50-100 shy of buying from Discount. Add up a tire rotation every 5-10k and an occasional re-balance that I have to pay for since I didn't buy my tires at any particular shop... and I'll have lost money by the end of the tires life.

I just don't see it.

You must not have read my post above. I saved $270 by buying online. Plus, I do have lifetime rotate and balance with my installation. I just got my first free rotate and balance a couple weeks ago.

There still can be some benefits of buying locally, but not $270 worth, IMO.

Last edited:
When I called TireRack they admitted one of their deficiencies was the lack of the "lifetime" services a place like Discount Tire offers... maybe you just found the right shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back