Where to buy replacement seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored an old 2-ton AC Delco floor jack from the thrift store I work at on my day off.

It does not stay up and it's leaky so I want to replace the seals in it. I already bought a new bottle of jack oil to refill it with when I can get around to it.

Can someone please give me a link to a place I can buy the seals at? My google-fu is not good and I could not find it myself.

I could buy seals for a 5-ton jack all day but cannot find parts for a 2-ton.

thanks!

If it is leaking from the pump it may just be an O-Ring. If its leaking from the ram actuator ...take it back to the store. Harbor freight has sales and a never ending 20% off coupon available on smartphone.

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by user52165
If it is similar to this, I wouldn't trust it for any job:

https://www.sears.com/ac-delco-2-ton-trolley-jack/p-00950193000P

Some things, you just don't scimp.

Contradicting specs, but 13" lift is not suitable for much.

Floor jack is not a trolley jack.

I have both but I only use the trolley jack on my 800lb tractor.

If you Google AC Delco 2 ton floor jack, it will only show the cheap 2 ton model shown in my link.

Been around for years, sold at K Mart, Walmart, Sears, and other high end auto parts stores. Same jack sold under other names also. No Bitoger should be caught dead (pun intended) using one these.

As Bell Helmets used to say, "If you have a $10 head, use a $10 helmet".

Last edited:
Yeahhh I looked it up and most of the seal kits I found were $50 and even more than that. Not spending that much to fix a jack I got for free.

I'll leave it by the curb tomorrow and hopefully one of the many scrappers who frequent my street takes it. Oh well.

Since you're scrapping it, it doesn't matter now, but just for future reference, presuming the sealing devices are simple o-rings, o-rings are made in standard sizes. Companies or designers don't make a cylindrical piece that needs a seal and make to some random dimension that they like. They make the o-ring groove fit standard, off-the-shelf o-rings. Same thing applies to bearings, lip seals, and so on. Yes, you can make a part that requires a [censored]-size o-ring but you shouldn't. It's cheaper for the manufacturer to use standard parts, easier for repairs later, and so on. You can buy o-ring kits at auto parts stores, Harbor Freight, online, and so on and the odds are real good you'll find one that fits your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back