Where (locally) to get a Magnefine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can one get a Magnefine locally...someone said Napa at one point? (A part number would be useful as well!)

I need one for a hydrostatic transmission...3/8-inch lines.

How about the site sponsor at the top of the page? Darrell is very helpful and you won't beat his price. You are also supporting BITOG when you buy from a sponsor.

Originally Posted By: pbm
How about the site sponsor at the top of the page? Darrell is very helpful and you won't beat his price. You are also supporting BITOG when you buy from a sponsor.

My browser includes an add blocker...I don't typically see those adds.

I ordered two from http://www.emergingent.com/magnefine/order_page.htm, so hopefully I have them by this weekend.

Thanks for all the help...I actually called Napa, and they couldn't even find the part (although he knew what I was asking for)...

The Wix number on the WIX site isn't what you'll (probably) get at the local NAPA. When I had them look up the WIX number... their catalog had a notation to an ATP number ..and a Raybestos Magnefine showed up.

This is not a Magnefine:

4787_1.gif

magnefine-r516m-md.jpg

Apparently the difference is one is SPX-FILTRAN ..the other Raybestos

Thanks Greg.

When I initially did a quick search for Magnefine, I found your site...but I was a little hesitant to use it because the site redirected me and the final URL was "vandal alert"!

Thanks again for the quick processing!

Both are good products. I have seen Magnefine's OEM qualification test results, tested them myself, so I'm inclined in that direction and have them on three vehicles. SPX Filtran is a good company and their product has also undergone OEM qualification tests but I haven't seen them. The internal designs are different with regards to the magnets but I have not seen detailed tests that compare their effectiveness. They are both in the 35-40u area. Both have bypasses. I suspect they are pretty even in terms of performance... but neither company probably likes to hear that ( : < ). It's what I call a "no loser" choice.

In this case, the filter is getting installed on a L&G tractor with a hydrostatic drive.

I am pretty sure the hydrostat had never been touched in 30 years...and the OE inline filter is $80 and nearly obsolete. I had three choices: continue to run the 30 year old OE filter since there are no replacements; run a external filter head and oil filter (limited room), or try a Magnefine. I actually already had the external filter (from another application), but the Magnefine looked like a better alternative in this application.

Basically, anything is going to work better than what I have on the tractor now!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deeter16317
Thanks Greg.

When I initially did a quick search for Magnefine, I found your site...but I was a little hesitant to use it because the site redirected me and the final URL was "vandal alert"!

Thanks again for the quick processing!

It is a little confusing. We have 2 divisions in our company. One handles automotive security products and the other the Magnefine. We have been a sponsor here since 2004.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
Greg
Vandal Alert Automotive Products/Emerging Enterprises
800-382-7233

Good to know! Thanks!

Also, ordering from Greg at Magnefine was hassle-free, and amazing communication. He got my order out the next day from a night-time email. I'll be ordering from them next year when the ones on the cars I maintain have reached their replacement intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back