Where can I get some .22 Magnum Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says I've been looking for .22 Magnum ammo to feed our Winchester 9422M when I go shooting with the kids, but have been unable to find any for some time. I've tried the usual spots like:

Midway
Natchez
PSA
CTD
Cabelas
Bass Pro
Ammo to go
SGAmmo
Lucky Gunner
Brownells
WalMart
Big5
Ammo Seek

I'm now almost out of it. Any other hidden gems if last resort out there? I've had better luck find .30 Carbine than .22 WMR.

Thanks!

Well Canadian Tire has it, LOOOOOL!!!!!

I know that doesn't help, just kind of funny that we seem to have tons of .22 ammo (LR, Magnum...etc) and you guys are out. But we have very limited 12-gauge ammo.

Good luck. .22 ammo has been hard to find for over a year. Best luck is finding out when stores local to you get shipments. A local store to me has shipments on monday morning so that's where local shooters go if they need something specific.

I got quite a bit for my Marlin Bolt Action .22Mag.

But sorry, I ain't sellin'
grin.gif

Was at Gander Mountain when it opened this morning. They had plenty of ammo - table covered with 22 Long Rifle 1000 round, 500 round, 333, round, 100 round containers.

22 Mag was plentiful.

Academy Sports and Outdoors here has a good selection of ammo along with Southern Outdoor Sports and ***** but you need to be there about 30 to 45 minutes before the doors open on the days they stock.

We have Two Super Wal-Marts here in town and you need to be there around 6AM when they stock ammo which here is normally around 7 - 7:30 AM but often do have 22 Mag and 22 Long Rifle. Limit 3 boxes no matter size of box.

With the upcoming possible ban on lead ammo people are stocking up I guess?

I read something about California banning lead ammo and EPA is talking of a nation wide ban I understand.

Guess the early bird gets the worm?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Well Canadian Tire has it, LOOOOOL!!!!!

I know that doesn't help, just kind of funny that we seem to have tons of .22 ammo (LR, Magnum...etc) and you guys are out. But we have very limited 12-gauge ammo.

Yep, OVERKILL and his Band of Canadian Hoarders (BCH) are holding us hostage down here.

As soon as he sends us some .22, we'll send him some large caliber ammo.

So far, it is a standoff.... Waiting for the BCH to make a move, EH!
grin2.gif
39.gif

Last edited:
Midway USA typically allows you to backorder ammo if you don't mind the wait.

I have a few cases of 22 CCI Mini Mag ammo on backorder for a June and December, 2014 delivery. Have to think and plan in advance now-a-days.

Just gotta keep waiting and checking. One thing my local gun store has pretty much always had over the last year is 22 mag. Anytime I'm in there I see the CCI 50 rnd boxes for like $12-13. Too bad you're not closer, I have well over 1000 rounds of 22mag. 500 of those only cost me $40. Of course I probably bought those in about '95. 22 LR seemed like it was making a comeback in my area but now it's all gone again. In fact, some of the prices on ammo were coming down but after a check yesterday at the gun store, I swear prices have actually increased again. What's going on? My LGS had ZERO 9mm and ZERO 22LR as of yesterday. Kinda like we went back a year.

it was because of the latest American Rifleman and Freedom magazine articles about this being the mid-term elections...scared everyone.

Originally Posted By: Sonic
Just gotta keep waiting and checking. One thing my local gun store has pretty much always had over the last year is 22 mag. Anytime I'm in there I see the CCI 50 rnd boxes for like $12-13. Too bad you're not closer, I have well over 1000 rounds of 22mag. 500 of those only cost me $40. Of course I probably bought those in about '95. 22 LR seemed like it was making a comeback in my area but now it's all gone again. In fact, some of the prices on ammo were coming down but after a check yesterday at the gun store, I swear prices have actually increased again. What's going on? My LGS had ZERO 9mm and ZERO 22LR as of yesterday. Kinda like we went back a year.

Maybe it's time for a road trip!

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
If you don't mind mail order and paying for shipping:

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22-magnum

I've been checking it and lately (and yesterday morning) all they showed was Alamo which had some at $0.80/rd and shot shells. Well this morning after reading your post I checked it again and they actually had some. Thank you sir!

It's been, probably, a year since I've seen any .22, of any kind, on a retail shelf around here.

And that was only three or four boxes of .22 short.

Which I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back