When You Move A Thread, Could You At least Tell The OP Where You Moved It To ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a funny video in the Aviation forum. After several replies and "likes" I get a EMail telling me the thread, "Has Been Moved To Another Forum". Along with a link. Then, when I click on the link, it tells me, "You Do Not Have Permission To View This".

If you're going to move threads around, that's fine. But could you at least tell the OP where it was moved to?

I got the same notification on my China video. Wasn't moved, it was deleted because two fools made it the P word.

That brings up another good point that is severely lacking around here. If they're going to delete as many threads as they do, they could at least say that. Instead of telling you they were moved. And it would be nice to know why they were being deleted. Especially in a forum that is as intensely moderated as this one is.

I think it was deleted because it does not show up when your post are searched.

It’s possible that “moved” is the correct terminology though because there could be a quarantine or moderation holding forum.

If you can't find it via the link in the pic, it was probably black-holed by the mods

Attachments

• bitog.jpg
    bitog.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 16
I don't think the Mods owe anyone any real explanations why they do what they do. If they think the rules were broken, they will take action. If a thread is locked or deleted, just move on and forget about it ... that's all you can do. You might be able to appeal with a reason why it shouldn't be locked, but rarely are locked threads unlocked unless they are cleaned up. And then some yahoo will just post something else to get it locked again, or totally deleted.

Last edited:
That brings up another good point that is severely lacking around here. If they're going to delete as many threads as they do, they could at least say that. Instead of telling you they were moved. And it would be nice to know why they were being deleted. Especially in a forum that is as intensely moderated as this one is.
I would have considered sending a Moderator a private message. Complaining does not always gain positive attention. I understand your point. But. Just friendly advise....

I don't think the Mods owe anyone any real explanations why they do what they do. If they think the rules were broken, they will take action. If a thread is locked or deleted, just move on and forget about it ... that's all you can do. You might be able to appeal with a reason why it shouldn't be locked, but rarely are locked threads unlocked unless they are cleaned up. And then some yahoo will just post something else to get it locked again, or totally deleted.
No but they must be consistent with all members and sides. To clarify I am not complaining just stating a point. We all should be consistent
like I am with @AutoMechanic

No but they must be consistent with all members and sides.
Why must they be?
Tell me why they shouldn't
It's not that they shouldn't.
It's that they don't have to be.
An internet bulletin board is a private endeavor that is not subject to first amendment rights (that is strictly between a citizen and the government), nor does it have an implicit requirement for 'fairness'.
The moderators make the rules, can break the rules, can change the rules, and don't need to be fair.
This is their house, not ours.

If you don't like it, go start your own motor oil themed bulletin board....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back