when will cd-2 start"working"?

Before i drove 240 all highway miles last Thursday, I added CD-2 to my hm oil in my 95 Camry.Today, i also drove the same amount,to the same location and i am still not seeing darkening of my [email protected]#$ oil! lol.... I have looked inside of the oil filler hole and i do see what appears to be hard carbon on the valve cover and i think on the cyl. head. The engine has 160,xxx miles.I also noticed that when i start it up in the mornings now,it'll smoke for a few seconds now. False seal being cleared?

hal

if it's the CD2 oil detergent I think you have to leave it in for 2000 miles. Also any oil burning is probably due to the light oil weight of the CD2. It will lower your oil's viscosity slightly. Once you change the oil again the burning should go back to how it was before. 200-300 miles is probably not long enough. The stuff I'm speaking of does seem to work at cleaning and also at quietening noisy lifters.

daves66nova

Originally Posted By: hal
if it's the CD2 oil detergent I think you have to leave it in for 2000 miles.
I found the receipt,it's CD-2 oil treatment.

I don't think the oil treatment will do much of anything. Their oil detergent might do a little. I would do a PCV service and put a good oil like PP in there. If I wanted to go further I would use autorx which may get those rings cleaned up.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
 Originally Posted By: hal
if it's the CD2 oil detergent I think you have to leave it in for 2000 miles.
I found the receipt,it's CD-2 oil treatment.
Your oil doesn't need "treatment." Their line is confusing, but the oil detergent comes in a yellow bottle...