When to apply weed and feed again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied weed and feed in April of this year, it was the first time ever and seemed to do a good job. Well now I have weeds popping up everywhere and want them gone! Can I apply the same product (Scotts weed and feed) again now, or do I need another product? Also is this a bad time to apply?

I am finding a lot of info online, but much of it is conflicting. I want my thick grassy lawn back!

You can apply it now. It will kill both the annual and perennial weeds but the annual weeds have already set seeds in the soil for next year. I prefer to use a liquid in a pump sprayer and spot kill the weeds. That can be done anytime the temps are below 90°.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
You can apply it now. It will kill both the annual and perennial weeds but the annual weeds have already set seeds in the soil for next year. I prefer to use a liquid in a pump sprayer and spot kill the weeds. That can be done anytime the temps are below 90°.

I have weeds everywhere now, spot killing might take me all day. Maybe two!

Originally Posted by gregk24
I want my thick grassy lawn back!

I use TruGreen.
They come out 4 times/year, and it costs less than I can buy the fertilizer/weed control locally and spend the time to apply it myself. Our zoysia grass lawn is thick, deep green and one of the nicest in the area. As long as it gets an inch of water each week it looks great.

Apply any granular weed killer when the leaves of the weed is wet which is in the morning when the dew is on the lawn.

Apply it now! There is nothing conflicting about it
smile.gif

Another good product for smaller lawns is Bayer Advanced Season Long Weed Control.
It comes in a spray bottle that you hook up to your garden hose and apply.
I normally apply this in spring then about 3 to 4 weeks later apply a granular all in one product crabgrass control, weed and fertilizer using a spreader.

[Linked Image from images.homedepot-static.com]

[Linked Image from images.homedepot-static.com]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back