What's The Farthest You've Ridden 750cc or Less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrCritical
in a day?

About 150 miles on my Vulcan 500.

Quote:

And how did you feel the next day?

Fine. I could easily do 300 miles. Maybe even more if I upgraded the stock seat or got an AirHawk.

i rode the 2001 CBR 600F4I from approximately 160 West of down town milwaulkee Wisconsin back to Terre Haute IN. in a day, I was 27 yrs old at the time, stopped often and got snacks ect.. next day i was ok.. no biggie.

One of my longest days was recently at the smokeys, toured around the mountain in mostly 30 mph zones 230+ miles on a Kawasaki 250R... we stopped often, but were glad to be back at the cabin at days end

45 miles on my Brute Force. I was a bit sore the next day (upper body) from wrangling it through the woods and sand...

450 miles on a Suzuki 500. Went on a trip along time ago when I was in college from Texas A&M (College Station, TX) to South Padre Island. When you are about 19/20 yrs old, it is no big deal to endure things like this. I could probably still do it today, but I wouldn't want to. Back then it was fun.

About 300 miles on a Honda CBR600F2, then 250 miles the next day, then 250 miles the next day. No ill effects. If I were riding two-up, that would've been a bit more difficult.

One thing to consider: In many parts of the world, 750cc is considered a "big bike".

I don't know how many miles.

Norfolk, Va to Michigan State University, October 31 and November 1, 1977.

First night I went straight from the motel resturant to bed.

Honda CB550
Snowmobile suit
boots
mittens

I remember following 30 feet behind an 18 wheeler for about an hour to keep warm.

I rode my '01 Suzuki SV650 (standard, not the "S") 600 miles in one day. I had a windshield and a Sargent seat on that bike which helped. I also wore earplugs which cut down on wind noise/fatigue. If I had a throttle lock I could have ridden another 200 miles. The next day I felt fine except for some soreness in the right wrist.

1981 GS650E. Decatur AL to Rock Springs WY. 1600 miles in 29 hours if you dont limit me to 24 hours. I was a bit stiff the next day.

I have been out on my 1970 BMW R75/5 for weeks at a time. 750cc was a big as they got back in the day. From Nebraska to Colorado many times, to California, to BC Canada, etc.

Don't get me talkin about my K75. It would seem like bragging.

Really, we ought to talk about most miles on 350cc or less because 750 is plenty big for a long ride and has been for 40 years.

When my R75 was new (and I was a kid) guys were crossing the country on 350cc Hondas more reliably than 750cc Triumphs or HD machines.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
I've ridden 253 miles in a day on a machine with zero cc, my bicycle.

Just saw that Brons2. You da man. /thread

August, 1975, Yamaha RD-250 (little brother to the orange tank giant killer RD-350) Houston, Tx to St. Louis; Houston to Little Rock, then I-40 to Memphis, and up I-55 north to St. Louis. About 900 miles, 20 hours straight. Do not try this, EVER. I remember my last gas stop, but I don't remember the miles between that and my second-last stop. 70 mph, 2 AM, on autopilot. Scary. No windshield or any mods other than a luggage rack, S&W shocks/springs, and slightly lower bars.

Don't remember any major consequences, other than sleep loss.

From Arlington, TX to Omaha, NE. About 700 miles.

Made the trip on a 1989 ZX600C2 Ninja.

The Ninja "600R" had a fairly upright seating position so my back and wrists were in fairly good shape. But my legs.... oh man, 12 hours with my legs bunched up under me. I could hardly straighten them.

I also discovered that (at the time) all the gas stations on the Kansas turnpike are Coastals. Which I found ironic because Kansas doesn't have a coast.

My dad is my small bike hero. He rode from Ft Bragg, NC to Dallas, TX and back in one week. That's like 2500 miles over the Smokey Mountains on a Honda 160. He returned and was immediately deployed to The Dominican Republic. 1250 miles on a Honda 160, party, 1250 miles back, load up on the plane and land in a combat zone. (DR may have been the only time that the 82nd Airborne did not jump into combat)

I rode to Austin on my CB125 and my hands and feet were numb for two hours. Maybe 200 miles.

I rode from Ames IA to Chicago in cold spitting rain on a 2001 Suzuki GZ250 in a day. About 266 miles. I had to get off at 120 miles for a few hours cause my butt hurt. Mostly it was worn out cause it was windy from the northwest and that little 250 moves around a lot. Averaged about 50 mph on the beastie. Must less get up and go than my Virago 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back