what's a strong electric fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a slim,stock electric fan that moves air,and hopefully not super loud.I'll be getting it from the junkyard.I have like a 10in one from ebay on my 22r truck,but really doesnt do nothing.

I know years ago, Ford Taurus E-Fans were popular for those who wanted to make a custom setup to replace belt driven fans.

Joel

taurus or Lincoln. I have seen a contour dual fan setup on a wrangler and it worked well. in reality I hate aftermarket electric fans. yours only cools a 10 inch circle leaving the rest of the radiator uncooled.

There is a Jeep fan moves 4000 CFM, if I recall, which is about what the Ford fan moves. It can be had brand new at your local Jeep dealer for less than $100. It is a very popular retrofit option. This fan replaced a recalled fan from the early 00s.

Mopar Part #CBG4F250

Pre 1983 SAAB fans move a LOT of air. The Camry fans are good as well. Look for a 97 through '01. Got a set with almost 300 K on them.

The Mark VIII fan is the most heavy duty of the bunch IIRC. Though the Taurus fan will be easier to find and still moves a LOT of air.

Originally Posted By: 229
Thermostatically controlled or do you want it to run all the time?
I'll be manually turning it on.I'm a compulsive gauge watcher,besides it hardly ever gets more than halfways when i drive..If i get stuck in traffic,then that's when i'll turn it on.Btw, is there a junkyard-style thermostat setup that someone has done?

Im a compulsive gauge watcher too and I still let my Dad's 4.2L F150 get over 230F once before I seen it and got the fans kicked on. I highly recommend automating it.

Does the truck also have a manual fan, or just the electric.

Some of those listed would be over kill, and would probably over work the charging system.

I bought a new one for my S-10, bought it from AAP with a discount code, for a very good price. I just put it on a switch too, as soon as the temp gets hot, hit the switch and the temp just falls.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I'm looking for a slim,stock electric fan that moves air,and hopefully not super loud.I'll be getting it from the junkyard.I have like a 10in one from ebay on my 22r truck,but really doesnt do nothing.

Watch out, some of the recommended models are LOUD! Make sure you need a hurricane, some cars do not.

Thermostats are super easy to set up and quite cheap. Highly recommended.

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
Does the truck also have a manual fan, or just the electric.
Just the cheapie electric fan.

well the dc controls PWM has gotten pricey for sure but it has soft start (low amps) and infinite speed control, ie pretty quiet. the relay kits they sell are two speed controllers that are half the cost of the nice ones. an ebay taurus fan at 65 and a relay kit at 80 is a good bit of cooling for a good price, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back