What's a good marine grease for an outboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is grease, which have calcium sulfonate thickener.
for example, Slipkote MP-2 Marine grease or Slipkote Hi-Temp Wheel Bearing Grease.

I have pretty good luck with Amsoil's water resistant grease both in the boat and the trailer.

Quote:

Can someone recommend a good marine grease. Is it worth going synthetic? Will be going on a previously used salt water outboard. Thanks

Texas Refinery Paragon 3000. It is able to maintain a 100 lb Timken OK Load rating even in the presence of 20% water. A good highly water resistant grease.

Schaeffers probably has some of the best waterproof greases out there. I don't know the exact product number, but contact one of the site sponsors to get the specifics product number and price. Although that Texas Refinery product does look impressive on paper! The Amsoil water resistant grease may be easier to obtain and is not too pricey, either. Take your pick.

I went with the yamaha marine grease from my dealer. It's blue and seemed ok. I think it should fit the bill. It wasn't all that cheap either. I'll check around for the stuff you guys mentioned. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back