What would your choice be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than likely a ban on certain chemicals is at fault. You only need to look around at products you use regularily to see that at work (rust paint being a good example. Bug killer as another).

Alex.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
$54 each.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...re1=yes&place=7

I've been looking at tires in this size. Great treadwear rating and great price. Hmmmmm...

thumbsup2.gif

Hummm. I have some interest in this tire, looks good and the $70 rebate ain't hay.

Might have to take a trip to the DT store to see if we could negotiate something.

Michigan: All season tires.

If you want snow traction then probably Fuzion HRi would be sufficient for a good price. I have a similar Bridgestone HP-50 and it is pretty good when I go skiing.

If this is your dedicated summer tire, I'd use something like a Sumitomo HTR 200, its traction and comfort is good.

I love the X-radials from Sam's club on my legacy. They ended up being cheaper after instant rebate than the BFGs, that were the main contender. Wife has BFG's on her 01 cavalier, and they are great tires. I think after 50K they're just now at about half tread.

Originally Posted By: Buffman
I love the X-radials from Sam's club on my legacy. They ended up being cheaper after instant rebate than the BFGs, that were the main contender. Wife has BFG's on her 01 cavalier, and they are great tires. I think after 50K they're just now at about half tread.

Wow! I'm pretty easy on tires, so treadwear like that would be great...

You guys are really selling me on the TAs....just wished they looked a bit more sporty...of course, anything looks sportier than the Goodyears now...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: bdleonard
$54 each.

I've been looking at tires in this size. Great treadwear rating and great price. Hmmmmm...

If you get them from DiscountTireDirect.com they have free shipping, and a $70 mail in rebate. I know because I just ordered a set last week. Run the numbers to figure out which is site is cheaper for you.

Traction T/A T at Discount Tire Direct

None of their places have 'em in stock though, bummer.

I am actually having a problem at the moment though with the car not keeping the alignment. Not sure what is going on, but I need to figure this out before throwing new rubber on there.

$54 each.

If you get them from DiscountTireDirect.com they have free shipping, and a $70 mail in rebate. I know because I just ordered a set last week. Run the numbers to figure out which is site is cheaper for you.

Traction T/A T at Discount Tire Direct

None of their places have 'em in stock though, bummer.

I am actually having a problem at the moment though with the car not keeping the alignment. Not sure what is going on, but I need to figure this out before throwing new rubber on there.

Hopefully it is a easy fix...

I doubt it, lmao. Not my luck with it so far, unfortunately, but thank you! :)

Here's to hoping!
cheers3.gif

I ran Michelin X Radial DTs from Costco in that size on a Cressida, not bad considering we paid $250 OTD with the $60 off promo. The Bridgestone RE910s they had were $20 extra.

3 cars in the family fleet are wearing Michelin, 1 set is made in Lexington, SC. The 2nd set is made in Greensville, SC. Another pair is made in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Last edited:

Went to Discount Tire today and played let's make deal on the BFG Traction T/A's. Today was the last day of the Mich/BFG $70 rebate. P205/65R-16 (Altima) was $86 total shipped at Discount Tire Direct. Discount Tire quoted me $81 a tire before installation/balance/valve etc.

Here's the kicker though. They gave me $52 a tire credit for my Yoko 520's, purchased at DT, that had about 28k on them. They are close to the wear bars, after rotation, closer in the back than in front. They may have about 2-3k before they were at the the bars all the way around. So they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. $242 out the door including LT bal/rot, and the certificates for total replacement. I've been looking since this thread was posted, and they have a good rating in TR survey.

Don't have them in stock, but said they were coming out of Laurens SC, Michelin Dist.Center. My guess, day or two tops. Last time, two days for Gen HP's from Atlanta area. Oh, and then there's the $70 rebate. Sweet.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to all that contributed here.
bfg_traction_ta_t_ci2_l.jpg

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back