What was Valvoline thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Mobil is superior

Brainwashed.

Says the man with the Amsoil logo splattered all over his signature.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Ashland, parent company of Valvoline, is a Kentucky based company. Things are a little different in Kentucky.

Search on YouTube for "Kentucky is a State" and watch any of the videos that originated in Family Guy. Don't want to insert the video here due to ONE word possibly not being OK.
KY is a Commonwealth, not a state! You're right, though, things are a little different down there, probably has to do with their #1 cash crop! Hint, it's not tobacco!

Before this goes too off topic I should say we should stick to talking about marketing/advertising/branding NOT start bashing each other regarding preferred brands of oil.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Search on YouTube for "Kentucky is a State" and watch any of the videos that originated in Family Guy. Don't want to insert the video here due to ONE word possibly not being OK.

KY is a Commonwealth, not a state!

Beat me to it!

But then we are in the same "elite" category as Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts as that goes
smile.gif

It is all about target demographics. if their latest research shows it is worth the risk, they will come out with Morning After Protection.

I don't see why it's more expensive than regular M1 or PP. It's not marketed as a long drain oil or anything, but is priced like one! For what reason?

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I don't see why it's more expensive than regular M1 or PP. It's not marketed as a long drain oil or anything, but is priced like one! For what reason?

SynPower or Valvoline Advanced Synthetic or whatever it's called this week is the same price as M1... what are you talking about?

Originally Posted By: dogememe

SynPower or Valvoline Advanced Synthetic or whatever it's called this week is the same price as M1... what are you talking about?

Regular retail price at Walmart:
Pennzoil Plat...$27
Castrol Edge....$27
Mobil1..........$26
Valvoline Syn...$24
Quaker St Syn...$19

Originally Posted By: wemay

Pennzoil Plat...$27
Castrol Edge....$27
Mobil1..........$26
Valvoline Syn...$24
Quaker St Syn...$19

So tell me what fool pays the regular price except those people whose planning ability ends at their nose?

01.gif

Valvoline is NOT worth the same price as M1/Edge/PP

I put Valvoline in the same league as MSS, QSUD, Magnatec, Havoline, and the house brands

However, it is a good deal at Napa when iut's on sale for $2.99/qt like it was last week. Napa Synthetic is rebranded Synpower
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Y_K
If their latest research shows it is worth the risk, they will come out with Morning After Protection.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

01.gif

Valvoline is NOT worth the same price as M1/Edge/PP

I put Valvoline in the same league as MSS, QSUD, Magnatec, Havoline, and the house brands

However, it is a good deal at Napa when iut's on sale for $2.99/qt like it was last week. Napa Synthetic is rebranded Synpower
smile.gif

Frankly in my book none of those oils are worth what the retail for. Put them on Rollback at $22 and change or less with a good $10 rebate per Jug and their a buy!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: wemay

Pennzoil Plat...$27
Castrol Edge....$27
Mobil1..........$26
Valvoline Syn...$24
Quaker St Syn...$19

So tell me what fool pays the regular price except those people whose planning ability ends at their nose?

90% of oil changes are not pre-planned weeks ahead of time. No fooling either!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

90% of oil changes are not pre-planned weeks ahead of time. No fooling either!!!!! [/quote]

Yes in fact 90% of them are very likely not DIY I'd say the members on here have a higher % of DIY OCI but a lot of them are still Oil Store fans paying full boat!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

90% of oil changes are not pre-planned weeks ahead of time. No fooling either!!!!!

Yes in fact 90% of them are very likely not DIY I'd say the members on here have a higher % of DIY OCI but a lot of them are still Oil Store fans paying full boat! [/quote]

Johnny, you are very clear in your many postings that you prefer to pay $10 for a jug of oil. We get that. Not everyone has your mindset and why should you worry what others pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back