What was GM Saturn oil filter efficiency in 1991-2 era?

This is an odd question..but something I always wanted to know! My parents in 92 bought a used 36,000 mile test Saturn 4 door sedan 91 year model .I remember the filter,having half the planet Saturn n ring on it,it was red or orange and filter was white. Not made anymore.
What was the micron and efficiency of that filter?

One of these?
1690138942907.jpg

Early 90's? probably 99% at 40um which was common back then. You can still find that in the $1-2 filters.

The dealer filters, for a while at least, were made by fram.

Anyone in the know ran the longer 20195/ 3600/ FL400s. The stubby stock one hid above the CV axle and was hard to grip. The longer one gave you something to hold onto.

I remember someone,at the Saturn dealer telling me Thier was a GM synthetic filter,but expensive. The Mobil station mechanic told me back then, 1992 ..he didn't like fram cardboard end caps he liked wix,better efficiency and filtering .
Thanks for Saturn oil filter pic! Imma look one up ebay or something! Rockauto didn't have it.
I vagku remember,but think Saturn dealer guy,whatever position he was, telling me wix was as good as it got. 1992 era.

Well did my googling! As in picture, 21000872 is the number.amazon has it for $8. Gmparts direct discontinued $4.57 something like that was $8.98 ...but $11 shipping by Aug 5 -12.
Tried googling it's micron efficiency . Some duragyard showed, 25-30 microns in place of the Saturn filter, but majority displayed the black upf filters 25-30 microns at 98% efficiency.
What woulda been efficiency on those Saturn filters? It looks like it has framinlst holes saw one pictured stock wise auto long discontinued looked like Purolator inlet holes.
Sure enough though, Saturn filters were ac Delco s..

91 is old enough that AC Delco was actually a manufacturing concern and not just a branding company.

Back